Thaksin says his exile would benefit Thailand

webfact

Thaksin says his exile would benefit Thailand

BEIJING: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said on Friday that he would spend his exile gaining new experiences for the country's benefits.

"I intend not to waste time but to turn a crisis into an opportunity to learn how changes in the world could be of use to Thailand," he said in his Facebook message.

He said he has strived for the role of facilitator to boost the Thai-Chinese ties and the Asean-Chinese relations.

Thaksin, presently in Beijing, is scheduled to make a speech on the topic of One Asia on October 15.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-11

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This man travels the world as a fugitive. He also gives speeches from time to time, while he is at it. He even stated that he is untouchable abroad, guess he was referring to that he can't get caught and taken back to Thailand.

Can someone enlighten me how the hell he does it? He is not even worried about being on the run. There have been a lot of powerful well connected criminals in the past that were on the run but finally got caught no matter how well connected they were. So it makes me wonder, how does this Thaksin guy do it? He doesnt give a shit about the fact that he is a wanted person and doesn't even try to keep a low profile.

• Like 1

He means its safer and less likely he gets whacked being over there, right? And can make connections involving graft easier and on a larger scale abroad? Hope the puppets here don't adhere to documents he signs and wants enforced here; but that could be my wishful thinking!..... I know how he thinks...

He means its safer and less likely he gets whacked being over there, right? And can make connections involving graft easier and on a larger scale abroad? Hope the puppets here don't adhere to documents he signs and wants enforced here; but that could be my wishful thinking!..... I know how he thinks...

And it is more comfortable.

Think: You stay in the office and work hard because all these pro-democracy idiots make your life hard.

OR

You put your sister on the job, who looks lovely and people get less angry and you stay on enjoying life and sometimes call in per cheapo Skype.

• Like 1

He could have been back and done his time,which with the current Government would

most likely been a few weeks living in a VIP cell,but i suppose once he did time he could

no longer be PM of Thailand again,which is what he really wants, so he can exact revenge

on all the wrong doings, he feels have been do to him. hes a lot like Berlusconi , but without

the Bunga Bunga parties

regards Worgeordie

If he would have the quality of a Fidel Castro he would land in Chang Mai and no one would arrest him. He could show the world that he is in control.

He could meet with the police boss and give some orders. Like to arrest some judges....

But he is just a coward.

• Like 1

DrT will be back in Thailand by this time next year. And a great day it will be too. Should make for record posts on Thai visa, and I for one can't wait to see him get off the plane. The first meeting with prem should be equally amusing .

• Like 1

DrT will be back in Thailand by this time next year. And a great day it will be too. Should make for record posts on Thai visa, and I for one can't wait to see him get off the plane. The first meeting with prem should be equally amusing .

Will you be at the airport to kiss his ring when he deplanes?

Yes, his ringpiece.

• Like 1

It leading to his ultimate inevitable demise as a result of coming back would be even more amusing. Hard to imagine the little coward having the courage to do so though; unless he is able to divide and conquer from abroad, as he is trying to do now to weaken opposition and usher in his dictatorship.

I think the prospect of a Benny Aquino type welcome, should he return, must weigh very heavily on his mind.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thaksin says his exile would benefit Thailand!!

For the first time ever, I agree with Mr T 100% !clap2.gif

Please continue to benefit us all, and stay away!!

I've head some Thai people claim only his demise would help Thailand. ???? Humn, interesting.

• Like 1

And it is more comfortable.

Think: You stay in the office and work hard because all these pro-democracy idiots make your life hard.

OR

You put your sister on the job, who looks lovely and people get less angry and you stay on enjoying life and sometimes call in per cheapo Skype.

The shocking part is how even the most uneducated of the population here can't see that; its clear as day what is going on. But, then again, few knew, cared or just didn't accept what was brewing when the bolsheviks, nazis, and even what is going on in the USA right now. Diverted by football, Justin Bieber or an i phone I guess.....good propaganda artists are good at providing distractions, huh? N korea for instance.

Yes: bread and games....for the stupid one.

Even worse people who know but think the advantages are bigger than the disadvantages (see Hitler..OK he is evil but the economic is doing well).

Similar here.

And even worse: people who know what is going on, but don't do anything against it...just too lazy

• Like 1

I am somewhat puzzled what 'crisis' he is refering to. His sister and supporting cronies are telling the world they have everything under control, and its become the mecca of the East for various 'Hubs' from medical to money laundering. There is virtuall zero unemployement, nearly the same for inflation, voters are benifiting from all the populist programs of his sister and the family is back in the top ten wealthest families in Thailand.

Its nice that he is going to further his education for whatever purpose he invisions, maybe he considers himself on a sabatical for the good of humanity. With the advice for action he has given this government and a few preceeding it, I doubt very many people will beat a path to his door for lectures on economic, human rights, desirable personal qualities. and definately not fund raising by legal means.

I would suggest his best contribution to humanity is to take hourly measurements on the subsurfce water level

in the center of the Sahara desert

• Like 2

Thaksin, presently in Beijing, is scheduled to make a speech on the topic of One Asia on October 15.

Isn't One Asia an Asian golf tournament?

Actually hes there interviewing potential cabinet members and recieving political donations prior to the upcoming cabinet reshuffle. Additionally there may be a suprising new party list MP entering the fray.

Reports that former premier Thaksin Shinawatra is grooming his son Panthongtae for public office come as no surprise. http://asianewsnet.net/Is-Thaksins-son-preparing-to-enter-the-fray-52504.html

He is missing one word "PERMANENT"

He is very aware of the word. That is why he does not come back to Thailand he fears being permanently eliminated.

Remember in Tatchlot Miramar right next to Mai Soi He canceled a speech for fear of being canceled and that was right next to Red Shirt land.

Hurry home Thaksin we have a small token of are affection here for you.

• Like 1

He is missing one word "PERMANENT"

He is very aware of the word. That is why he does not come back to Thailand he fears being permanently eliminated.

Remember in Tatchlot Miramar right next to Mai Soi He canceled a speech for fear of being canceled and that was right next to Red Shirt land.

Hurry home Thaksin we have a small token of are affection here for you.

You advocate assassination ?

I think you mean Tachilek Myanmar , Maisai and "our" rather than "are"

Why not give the Thaksin hatred a rest while you ponder the above.