Swimming pool at Chang / Elephant buildig?

Nynke

Hello!

Does anyone know about the swimming pool at the Chang tower in Bangkok? I read on the internet that there should be a swimming pool, but I couldn't found any information about it and if it's open for public.

I will go to Bangkok for 4,5 months to do an internship (for my bachelor degree) and I will stay at the Prim Place, right next to the Chang Building and I would be great to have a pool nearby :)

Yes, there's a nice pool at the 13th floor, but I think it's only for residents. I'm sure the guards downstairs won't stop you though if you have normal clothes on (they'll think you live there). Just walk to the elevators, go to the 13th floor and jump in. I think there was some sign that said that you should pay for the pool, but no one enforced that. I lived there 4 years ago. A big two bedroom apartment was 22k/month, not bad if you share. There's also some smaller condos across the street (Supalai Park tower). Prim place is nice and cheap though, but without a pool. If you have anymore questions about the surrounding area, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I will just give it a try once I'm there smile.png

I chose Prim Place because it's cheap, only 8,500 baht/month for a studio and it's just accros the company. But it would be nice to go swimming once in a while smile.png

Can you find cheap and good food nearby? I don't mind eating food at foodstalls :) Oh and do you know if there is a bakery nearby? I love Thai food, but rice for breakfast.. I prefer some bread or fruit in the morning :P

Edited by Nynke

That area is great for food. I lived very nearby there for a couple of years. You have lots of resteraunts in Major Complex, as well as all the usual Thai street food, which in that area is excellent.

It is one of my favorite areas actually, and I always go out for food in that area when in Bangkok, as my daughters school is nearby. You also have central and Tesco, which s also walking distance.

Like mrtoad said that area is super when it comes to food. You'll have Major Ratchayothin (cinema complex) with lots of nice chain restaurants. If you want to buy bread, juice and cereal there's Tesco lotus not too far away. And if you fancy at a food court there's one at the top floor of Central Mall which is just opposite of Tesco. The food there is cheap and tasty.

And when it comes to street food there's quite a lot to choose from. Keep in mind that some of the food stall open late in the evening so you might not find your favourite food vendor at 4 pm.

There's one particular place which is quite close by but which is well hidden (for foreigners at least). It's the Bang Khen market (dtalaat bang khen). If you drive from the elephant tower toward Major on Phahonyothin road, it's on the right after the intersection with Ratchayothin. It's not immediately after it's a good way from it, quite close to the hospital if I remember correct. It's not a typical market, just a place with some food stalls open 24h. But my God, you'll find the best food there I'll promise! It's tricky to find it but it's worth the effort, I promise you.

Thanks for al your replies! I get more and more excited to explore the area! I will write down al the tips, and I will definitely check out Bang Khen market! Thanks for the tip Starshiptrooper! I found it on Google Maps laugh.png

40 metres further north from Major on Phahonyothin, just past the 7/11, in front of the Honda mo-cy shop, my gf has a cake stand operating every day from 16.30 to 22.30.

They are the tastiest, most aroi cakes in BKK. Yes, I'm a little biased but they truly are delicious.

Try one or three and you'll agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Blackfox