Buying property in Hua Hin

Cambo74

Straight forward process. If you're interested I have a condo at the Sports Villa for sale in Hua Hin. Its a 32 sq meter studio, furnished... 880,000 baht . PM if you like.

The OP was asking about a condo, not a room ! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The market in Hua Hin isn't really geared towards condo holiday rentals yet.

Sent from my ST27a using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please explain, in what way is it not geared towards condo holiday rentals?

There is a huge supply of condos in HH that are empty most of the time. If you want to own a condo there mainly for your own use and don't mind leaving it vacant for all or most of the time you are not there, it is a worthwhile proposition. Otherwise I would suggest renting from the ample supply when you visit HH and investing your nest egg elsewhere.

Most condos are owned by Thais, Takiab is a classic example, empty almost all the time but holidays the car parks are full of BKK Beamers and Mercs. Hua Hin visitors/long stayers are mostly families or guys with partners therefor condos especially smaller units are not suitable, they would prefer houses. Also there are many serviced apartments available in the center at reasonable cost so a condo on Petchkasem or further at Takiab is the wrong location.

Most condos are owned by Thais, Takiab is a classic example, empty almost all the time but holidays the car parks are full of BKK Beamers and Mercs. Hua Hin visitors/long stayers are mostly families or guys with partners therefor condos especially smaller units are not suitable, they would prefer houses. Also there are many serviced apartments available in the center at reasonable cost so a condo on Petchkasem or further at Takiab is the wrong location.

I agree most condos are owned by Thais (around 85-90% I believe), but is this not the same in Pattaya? Aren't the majority of condos Thai owned?

Weekends in Hua Hin are indeed full of BKK registered cars, often people renting apartments in places like Marrakesh, Baan San Pluem, Baan Sechuan, Baan Sansuk in Takiab etc. is this not a rental market the OP could get into?

Not being rude or saying your wrong, just trying to learn a little about the differences.

Edited by colinp

• 4 weeks later...

A bit off topic, hopefully the mods will relocate this one but here goes, I have a Thai friend who wants to rent her house (Hua Hin, 3 bedroom, gated community) through an agent as she is too far away to keep an eye on it herself. Can anybody recommend a trustworthy agent in the Hua Hin area, many thanks in advance.

A bit off topic, hopefully the mods will relocate this one but here goes, I have a Thai friend who wants to rent her house (Hua Hin, 3 bedroom, gated community) through an agent as she is too far away to keep an eye on it herself. Can anybody recommend a trustworthy agent in the Hua Hin area, many thanks in advance.

It would depend on the price she wants to rent it for which would determine if a agent would be interested or not

High rental then yes maybe, low rental (10-20k a month) which means not a lot of commission for the agent then the majority are simply not interested

I

• 2 weeks later...

It would depend on the price she wants to rent it for which would determine if a agent would be interested or not

High rental then yes maybe, low rental (10-20k a month) which means not a lot of commission for the agent then the majority are simply not interested

I

Thats not strictly true, "from small acorns" any property is worth renting, many renters become buyers, have freinds or require other services

They are worth renting PP but as we have discussed numerous times most of the agents are not interested

You do seem to put the effort into your business, shame that other agents cause negative views amongst people who deal with them

Edited by darrendsd