Bee Pollen - Sources in Chiang Mai

davevi

I am looking for a source where I can buy bee pollen.

I found a single source so far, a restaurant that sells the bee pollen as a side business (they add it to their smoothies). This place has to be sourcing it from somewhere else in town -- so I'm wondering where that might be and what other options I have to find and purchase it.

Thanks everyone.

Aden health food shop on the Nimmanhemin Road.
Good Health store, close to Suriwong book Center.
Bee (something), Japanese store that sells bee products, in Chiang Mai land.
CMU health store on the corner of Suthep Road and canal road.

Blue Diamond restaurant on the Moon Muang soi 9.

wai2.gif

Edited by Nienke

Question only,how do they collect bee pollen?

When your bees are finding lots of pollen, you place a pollen-trap on the hive landing-stage, blocking the entrance(s) to the hive, for half-a-day at-a-time.

As the bees crawl through the holes of the trap, grans of pollen are dislodged and fall into the box below, and can be retrieved/dried later on.

Forabee can sell you a pollen-trap for about a hundred baht, I never actually collected much pollen using mine, and I suspect my local area isn't that great for pollen, but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I stopped by Forabee and their prices and selection of products were quite good. They are a bit out of the way, but worth it for the cost savings.

They also sell a full range of products for beekeepers, save the planet and keep bees !

"Beekeepers Do It For The Buzzzz They Get !" thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I stopped by Forabee and their prices and selection of products were quite good. They are a bit out of the way, but worth it for the cost savings.

I have tried to find this shop on google (I don't have google earth) with no luck, what street is it on?

I have tried to find this shop on google (I don't have google earth) with no luck, what street is it on?

It's on the Left, on the main road from Chiang Mai to Lamphun/Lampang, almost exactly 10 km south of the junction with the Superhighway.

Sorry I can't give Google-co-ordinates, I'm just not that technical ! wai2.gif

Open Google, key in "google maps". Open the first link you get in the results, it's Google Maps. Paste the coordinates from post #3 in the input line, press "enter", and - voila - you see a map with a green arrow showing you the location of Fora Bee.