Another tragic expat suicide

ghworker2010

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thread which might help someone. All thoughts are impermanent and getting help can assist with life changes etc.

Agree that this thread should stay in general topics. Maybe more members will read threads under 'general topics' than 'health body medicine'. I have never looked at that section myself in 2 yrs.

• Like 1

I knew a fellow once who was in the business of lending money at high rates. He knew a lot about it and to;d me that a lot of suicides are really debt payments.

Here in Thailand it is entirely possible for people to become so despondent that suicide is the only way out. but it is also just a cover up for other deaths.

• Like 1

My suggestion is to get as far away from the bar scene as you can. Try the mountains...get off the sauce and clear up the head. Exercise those leg muscles and engorge your senses with beautiful things. Get away from those money grabbing hookers and talk up some locals (as best you can) that never been near a barstool (or condom machine). Get your life back.

I totally agree with this comment as daily exercise can really help when depressed- this has been medically proven.

A change in a situation is best and thus a trip anywhere- to the mountains as suggested is a good idea. Or get on a plane and go somewhere different for a week.

• Like 1

I agree with OP.

My 2 cents worth is that if I were to be contemplating such a thing I would want to be sure that the alternative (i.e. death) is going to be any better...

To anyone who might have suicidal thoughts my advice is to get on a bus to Pattaya. Go to a bar on beach road and sit at a table with a clear view to the ocean. Order a beer for yourself and your new bar girl (friend) and have her stroke your leg. If this doesn't raise your self esteem, I don't know what will.

Not sure how engaging the services of a bar-girl is really any kind of answer, especially for the 52% of the population that are female.

Not all people crave company. They may find others tedious and boring. If people live alone, it usually is a choice.

This may be a bit like go and have a cuppa with the old codger down the road as you may be the only person they speak to all week.

My mam has been on her own for 14 years now, and the more time I spend with her, the more I realise just what loneliness is. It must be a terrible way to feel.

May I suggest that if anyone has a neighbour who is alone, invite them for a couple of beers or a cup of coffee. Even if they are a pain or talk rubbish, just for an hour or so. It may save their life. wai2.gif

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

Tragically or fortunately there actually exists a % of foreign males in Thailand that are analytical / reality thinkers and could end up more depressed because the "money interest only" female is brown nosing him. Not exactly a "self esteem raisning" situation.

• Like 1

Reading this thread makes me wonder about the pathetic people who suggest a pattaya bargirl can enhance the thoughts of comitting suicide or take 1 away from it. Above poster has on a way a point. However the word " desire" is in my opinion incorrect on post 26. But maybe he means a subconscieus desire.

To prevent someone from suicide is to give LOVE and EMOTIONAL SUPPORT !!!

• Like 2

This may be a bit like go and have a cuppa with the old codger down the road as you may be the only person they speak to all week.

My mam has been on her own for 14 years now, and the more time I spend with her, the more I realise just what loneliness is. It must be a terrible way to feel.

May I suggest that if anyone has a neighbour who is alone, invite them for a couple of beers or a cup of coffee. Even if they are a pain or talk rubbish, just for an hour or so. It may save their life. wai2.gif

Well said, Konini. wai2.gif

So sad that this topic has turned into what the therapeutic values of an issan Hooker is to depressed suicidal fellow human being. says a lot I guess.

Since it seems to me that a lot of farang suicides here in Thailand are caused by failed " relationships" with Isan hookers, it would stand to reason that perhaps they could also be the solution to stopping these suicides... :-)

Not all people crave company. They may find others tedious and boring. If people live alone, it usually is a choice.

"Not all people crave company. They may find others tedious and boring. If people live alone, it usually is a choice."

Amen. And quite often it's the unavoidable company/intrusion/demands/expectations/busy-bodiness of "others" that drives one to contemplate suicide, not the absence of them. You don't need to be alone to feel lonely and being alone is not synonymous with loneliness.

Edited by Suradit69

One thing i notice is i see a lot seem to believe in utopia. Organization for this issue another organization for that issue. Life is life.

Thailand aint no utopia. It is as far away as one can imagine.

In life there going to be over achievers, under achievers , and those in the middle. We are not all the same.

Edited by oogster8