Motocross in Phuket?

jbs1992

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a motocross scene in Phuket? I know there is a supercross track at Khatu last time i checked. Looking to get back into the sport and struggling to find any westerners or Thai's that can help me or ride with. Any feedback or reply will be appreciated!

Cheers Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a supercross style track on Koh Samui. Pretty wedgy. Wouldn't want to soil sample there. Nice packed sand, no rocks, well groomed.

Udon Thani had a track outside Udon Thani, in Baan Nong Baa. But that was flattened for rice. Pretty dusty.

I've often thought an indoor track, arena style but with table tops, would be viable outside Bangkok.

Sadly, I can't answer you original question. I bet you could lease some land and rent a tractor pretty cheap - and have a "private" track. No lawyers to ward off in LOS. Maybe some money and a "permit"... lol.

Irrigation would be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

there are quite a few tracks here in Phuket. Theres the one in Kathu next to the Go Karting. Small but acceptable.

Theres another one I know of in Patong up in the hill. Think its Soi 50 pee, not sure of the name though. If you google earth it and follow the road up you may get an idea of the location by seeing a large dirt patch..not too far away from the one in Kathu (up the hill towards patong and as you start going down the other side, instead of taking a right into Patong, take a left, follow the road around and at Montes restaurant take a left and follow that all the way up..somewhere on your right hand side about 1km up). This one is a little bigger, and for me, requires more guts.

Another one is located near Chalong. Its on a slope, been there once dont remember much but if i recall correctly it was of a decent size. Go past chalong towards rawai and at the market on the right hand side take a right and follow the road through...somewhere in there.

Theres another one on Koh Sirey which is quite big and jumps are big as well. Also on a slope but again, not too bad.

Finally the last one I know of is in Bang Tao; probably my favorite one. big enough or smallish, fun, decent enough jumps (for me as am advanced beginner), track is fine to have fun. Its behind Tesco Lotus Bang Tao; here you will probably run into a few westerners who like to ride as well as local Thais in the afternoons round 3pm onwards.

All are free except for the Kathu one. Most are empty and unless you come with a friend, youll most likely be riding alone.

I have found it hard to find westerners to ride with. Been riding with local Thais, lots of fun, great bunch of guys, however, difficult to communicate with about bikes, motox, riding tips, women, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Looking at coming over on the 10th of December for 2 weeks and want to do some riding. Do you know anyone who rides locally we can meet up with to ride? I race on a UK race team and would like to do a bit of coaching and riding but need a bike to use.

If anyone can help and provide an email address can provide some more details.

Thanks

J

Hi Jack,

there are quite a few tracks here in Phuket. Theres the one in Kathu next to the Go Karting. Small but acceptable.

Theres another one I know of in Patong up in the hill. Think its Soi 50 pee, not sure of the name though. If you google earth it and follow the road up you may get an idea of the location by seeing a large dirt patch..not too far away from the one in Kathu (up the hill towards patong and as you start going down the other side, instead of taking a right into Patong, take a left, follow the road around and at Montes restaurant take a left and follow that all the way up..somewhere on your right hand side about 1km up). This one is a little bigger, and for me, requires more guts.

Another one is located near Chalong. Its on a slope, been there once dont remember much but if i recall correctly it was of a decent size. Go past chalong towards rawai and at the market on the right hand side take a right and follow the road through...somewhere in there.

Theres another one on Koh Sirey which is quite big and jumps are big as well. Also on a slope but again, not too bad.

Finally the last one I know of is in Bang Tao; probably my favorite one. big enough or smallish, fun, decent enough jumps (for me as am advanced beginner), track is fine to have fun. Its behind Tesco Lotus Bang Tao; here you will probably run into a few westerners who like to ride as well as local Thais in the afternoons round 3pm onwards.

All are free except for the Kathu one. Most are empty and unless you come with a friend, youll most likely be riding alone.

I have found it hard to find westerners to ride with. Been riding with local Thais, lots of fun, great bunch of guys, however, difficult to communicate with about bikes, motox, riding tips, women, etc...

• 6 months later...

Hey Jack,

There has just been built a new motocross track in Chalong, Phuket in May 2014. It is made buy motocrossphuket.com and have most of the features you want on an MX track, like small jumps, big jumps, connected jumps, whoops and burns.. I have a membership to the track and come there often in the weekend to hangout and practice. Hope this helps:)

Cheers

Toby

post-212545-0-69315300-1402890327_thumb.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...