Looking for interesting wooden bridges near CM

CobraSnakeNecktie

I have found a few but I know there has to be a lot more.

I am talking about old style hack quality bridges.

Anyone have favorites ones near to CM? Photos? locations?

Thanks.

Like these

https://www.google.com/search?q=thaivisa+bridge+jungle&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xUddUv6BK9HHrQeu7IAI&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1105&bih=660&dpr=1.25#es_sm=91&espv=210&q=bridge+wooden+chiang+mai+thailand&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

At Ban Sop Guy on the Mae Tahng River there was a bamboo bridge supported by two piers on footings of stone rubble in the river. Every rainy season the bridge was wiped out by logs and floating debris, then rebuilt when the rains ended.

In the late '90s a suspension bridge of wood slats about 2M wide on steel cables was built.

It's not the picturesque type of bridge you probably have in mind, but it is in a beautiful area... at least it was the last time I was there about ten years ago.

• Like 1

Ban Sop Guy [sop pronounced Sohp], when I knew it some time ago was a little Thai village on the Mae Tahng River. I don't know what it's like now, but hopefully it hasn't changed too much.

To get there, head north on the road to Chiang Dao past the turn-off to Pai/Mae Hong Son, then turn left on the dirt road that follows the Mae Tahng. After about an hour on that road you'll come to Ban Sop Guy which is located on what is probably one of the most beautiful parts of the river,

The river at the village is quite shallow, but upstream a bit there are deep pools among the boulders that are good for swimming, and even diving off the rocks.

There are several hilltribe villages in the area, but no other Thai villages on the river until the old fortified town of Wiang Haeng up toward the Burmese border.

Happy trails!