Received Thai Driver's License with Tourist Visa

stoli

Do any of you knowledgabl chaps know.

I obtained my residency letter from the British Embassy for my address in Bangkok (3000 bht)rip off.

However i spend a lot of time in Pattaya.

Would this suffice for my residence letter when applying for a motorbike licence,

or do i need a Pattaya address.

Do the visa agencys near immigration in Jomtiem sort this for you if Bangkok is not acceptable

Also do you need to book the test in Pattaya or can you do it the same day.

Thanks in advance

Potters

Just a word of warning....there are so many versions of how to get this and that in Thailand and the driving licence is one of them, but, there is always a but.

And that BUT is when things go wrong. For example Norwegian colleague of mine obtained a Thai Driving Licence and also bought a new PCX motorbike whilst only having a tourist visa.

All well and good until the bike was stolen....then the questions start. How? why? where? who? Insurance null and void....it goes on and on.

Different Government departments, shops, sales people will easily take your money but when you have left them behind and venture forth into trouble they will be the first to deny everything and any connection.

And under the present crackdown climate I would be wary of circumventing anything in Thailand.