Three things needed to complete the birthday presents for my faan.

Celcius

If she's Thai, don't bother. That is for Westerners. But if you insist, birthday cards are sold right next to the enterence to the stationary department on the top floor of Central KSK, right next to the toy department. Large selection in both English and Thai. Flowers...unless you know what you're buying you could end up getting flowers used in a funeral, really. You can never go wrong with fruits and Thai sweets.

• Like 1

Did you never hear of the famous flower market along the river?

That's got to be the "where" question that is going to take some beating....derrrr

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

No I have not but now that you mention it I think I have seen flowers being sold on Wang Sing Kam Rd. Thanks for the reminder, that should do nicely.

If she's Thai, don't bother. That is for Westerners. But if you insist, birthday cards are sold right next to the enterence to the stationary department on the top floor of Central KSK, right next to the toy department. Large selection in both English and Thai. Flowers...unless you know what you're buying you could end up getting flowers used in a funeral, really. You can never go wrong with fruits and Thai sweets.

She is not Thai. Plus she got me a card for my birthday so I thought I should return the favour. Plus she understands farang customs so she I think she will appreciate the card and flowers. Forgot about the stationary store in Central. I remember there is a larger one in Airport that I may check out instead too.

All that I am missing now are the chocolates, anyone know a good chocolate shop?

She is not Thai. Plus she got me a card for my birthday so I thought I should return the favour. Plus she understands farang customs so she I think she will appreciate the card and flowers. Forgot about the stationary store in Central. I remember there is a larger one in Airport that I may check out instead too.

All that I am missing now are the chocolates, anyone know a good chocolate shop?

Then the flower market as mentioned is the place to go and they are open late. I would not know where to get good quality chocolate in C.M. but have seen the following advertised. Seems you can buy them at a few locations http://www.jkchocolates.com/ No idea on the quality.

• Like 1

re

Chocolates - Duc de Praline , opposite British Council on Bumrungrat Rd

shes right ! .. its next door to smiths tower

from the river ... turn right at prince royals college spire and its about 200 yards on the right :)

dave2

post-42592-0-19281600-1382015194_thumb.j

post-42592-0-87004000-1382015218_thumb.j

its a pretentious transliteration of the thai word for girlfriend.

kinda of like when people write motosai taxi instead of writing motorcycle taxi.

it shows they have a deep connection with the locals that all others should admire

Edited by GirlDrinkDrunk
  • Like 1

re

from the river ... turn right at prince royals college spire and its about 200 yards on the right smile.png

dave2

Also best part of the flower market has been moved to kaewnawarat road which is close to Duc de Praline, so you can kill two birds with one stone smile.png

re

from the river ... turn right at prince royals college spire and its about 200 yards on the right smile.png

dave2

Also best part of the flower market has been moved to kaewnawarat road which is close to Duc de Praline, so you can kill two birds with one stone smile.png

Awesome. I appreciate the effort given by dave2 for the directions to the place, but I am still a little confused. Where is it? Do you have a map link?

re

dave2

Awesome. I appreciate the effort given by dave2 for the directions to the place, but I am still a little confused. Where is it? Do you have a map link?

"opposite British Council on Bumrungrat Rd" Why is that confusing? There is only one British Council in CM.
  • Like 1

re

dave2

"opposite British Council on Bumrungrat Rd" Why is that confusing? There is only one British Council in CM.

Don't know where it is, but I can look it up. Thanks.

re

Do you have a map link?

here ya go .. the green arrow :)

from there go back to the traffic lights

turn right ... go past the sign to the bus station

and the new flower market is on the left

just before the super highway :)

dave2

post-42592-0-91290400-1382076241_thumb.j