What does a foreigner expect from marrying a thai ?

benalibina

Your point never stood.

Are you trying to say that there are many farang truly "treating its Thai wives like slaves"??

I have friend here, who was my original reason for visiting thailand, (that and escaping chemtrailing and the nazi's)

but after I met my g/f, and saw the way he mistreated his 15 year g/f (wife) I knew straight away I had to keep my g/f away from him, and her,

as he speaks to her like she is a servant, lies and cheats whenever he can, tried to use me to cover for cheating, and wanted to use my spare bedroom in my condo to bring his whores, none of which I permitted,

I did know one thing,

had I not severed ties, after a friendship of 27 years,

my g'f would think I am same same as him, and that would have caused me unecessary distress with her,

If to keep this message on the theme of the thread,

I want what I give, respect, loyalty, and true feelings....

marriage is out though,

it is the sure killer of any romance

I finally found a useful purpose dor the phrase, same same!

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Opinion" and its various guises and "fact" are clearly defined on hundreds of websites. (fact)

Distinguishing between the two and then putting this distinction into practice would save a lot of forum ink. (opinion)

"Forum ink" translates into "hits" (by induction and therefore not conclusive)

"Hits" translates into "sales" (opinion disguised as fact but supported partially by relevant data

"Sales" translates into "policy" (induction again, I'm afraid)

"Policy" likely filters out healthy skeptics from subscriber pools

Again, by induction (although strongly indicated but not conclusively proven) healthily skeptical subscribers" conducting their due diligence are likely unpopular in most sales environments.

OPINION ALERT *subscribers who routinely practice due diligence are more likely to have retirement nest eggs than are subscribers who habitually arrive at major purchasing decision purely on emotion."

(just sayin', is all ;-)))

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

That's my policy......

And my nest eggs are safely at arms length,

its those eggs in their ovaries I am trying to avoid fertilizing,

however, fertilizing the nonsense on internet threads by posters clearly fullof it,

is perhaps what :fogettaboutit" is all about!

same same, but different!

Are you trying to say that there are many farang truly "treating its Thai wives like slaves"??[/size]

I have friend here, who was my original reason for visiting thailand, (that and escaping chemtrailing and the nazi's)

but after I met my g/f, and saw the way he mistreated his 15 year g/f (wife) I knew straight away I had to keep my g/f away from him, and her,

as he speaks to her like she is a servant, lies and cheats whenever he can, tried to use me to cover for cheating, and wanted to use my spare bedroom in my condo to bring his whores, none of which I permitted,

I did know one thing,

had I not severed ties, after a friendship of 27 years,

my g'f would think I am same same as him, and that would have caused me unecessary distress with her,

If to keep this message on the theme of the thread,

I want what I give, respect, loyalty, and true feelings....

marriage is out though,

it is the sure killer of any romance

I finally found a useful purpose dor the phrase, same same!

I completely agree with the above, except that dishonesty and disrespect are more harmful than marriage. Not only immoral but also stupid from a practical POV.

Just know that there are true slaves in the world, and to me mutual agreement for a deal, paying for services rendered and the fact that the girl's free to leave should put an end to the use of that term out of respect to the true problem.

And finally I do believe that in most farang-Thai relationships, the power equation is much more frequently imbalanced in the TG's favour.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

Females have a built in bull_shit meter, that some call woman's intuition, but it is probably just their survival DNA, ie., they ALWAYS know when someone is lying to them, or cheating. it just becomes a matter then of what THEY choose to do about it based on their circumstances, the lying, cheating man, will never know; until it's too late. They also are much better at studying a man's face as he speaks....

<deleted>,

Women just lie a lot more, so are good at it.

Men are rubbish at lying, cos they are generally honest.

• Like 1

Females have a built in bull_shit meter, that some call woman's intuition, but it is probably just their survival DNA, ie., they ALWAYS know when someone is lying to them, or cheating. it just becomes a matter then of what THEY choose to do about it based on their circumstances, the lying, cheating man, will never know; until it's too late. They also are much better at studying a man's face as he speaks....

<deleted>,

Men lie more than women, finds surveyhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7733510/Men-lie-more-than-women-finds-survey.html
6:20AM BST 18 May 2010

The average male tells 1,092 lies every year and is less likely to suffer a guilty conscience for lying than the typical woman.

By contrast, the average woman will come out with 728 untruths per year.

• Like 1

<deleted>,

Men lie more than women, finds surveyhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7733510/Men-lie-more-than-women-finds-survey.html

The average male tells 1,092 lies every year and is less likely to suffer a guilty conscience for lying than the typical woman.

A survey conducted by a female journalist in a country where all men are considered evil (potential paedos) and all women are considered good (loving mothers).

Edited by FiftyTwo

<deleted>,

6:20AM BST 18 May 2010

Average man, Average woman,

I don't disagree, I also don't consider myself average, nor do I seek, the average,

perhaps I spent too much time in San Francisco surrounded by beautiful gultar playing female angels, and Los Angeles around self styled "star children" ie., gorgeous females in their mid 30's, who knew more about love and trust than I could have possibly been aware of, and who thus, rubbed off on me,

which is why I attract what I seek.

My last wife was the master at thinking she could lie, not realizing that when she did, she had this silly laugh that came out afterwards....

and her face changed....she just thought she was getting away with it.,

But once love and TRUTH becomes your main component, and you both give it and require it,

life becomes sharply different,

and much more enjoyable

Edited by Scarpolo

<deleted>,

A survey conducted by a female journalist in a country where all men are considered evil (potential paedos) and all women are considered good (loving mothers).

The survey was done by, https://www.onepoll.com/ and questioned 3000 people adults.

The survey was done by, https://www.onepoll.com/ and questioned 3000 people adults.

Well, as a matter of fact, you lie more than your partner, don't you? Live with it. Your survey has revealed it.

Well, as a matter of fact, you lie more than your partner, don't you? Live with it. Your survey has revealed it.

Can't you just accept the fact that you are wrong without starting to call me names? A research firm did the survey it was not done by a woman. Read the article. The article had no gender bias and you were in error when you posted, "A survey conducted by a female journalist in a country where all men are considered evil (potential paedos) and all women are considered good (loving mothers)." No the survey was not conducted by a female journalist.

Can't you just accept the fact that you are wrong without starting to call me names? A research firm did the survey it was not done by a woman. Read the article. The article had no gender bias and you were in error when you posted, "A survey conducted by a female journalist in a country where all men are considered evil (potential paedos) and all women are considered good (loving mothers)." No the survey was not conducted by a female journalist.

I haven't written anything like that. You might need to check the posters before you get into arguments.

• Like 1

I haven't written anything like that. You might need to check the posters before you get into arguments.

Sorry garrya. You are correct. I'm wrong.

Posts in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I expect mutual respect, love and loyalty, no matter where my wife or partner would be from in the world. If you have that, then you also have a best friend, who will stand by your side no matter what bad things in life you will face.

As in any marriage or friendship, you will only discover the true value of your partner or friend, when you are in real trouble and need outside help.

But when it comes down to it, then nobody is perfect and marriage is a challenge, that requires sacrifice from both sides. And that comes through love, mutual respect, loyalty and the ability to also forgive each other.

• Like 2

I expect mutual respect, love and loyalty, no matter where my wife or partner would be from in the world. If you have that, then you also have a best friend, who will stand by your side no matter what bad things in life you will face.

I also expected that first time around.

Unfortunately, what I received was someone (UK schoolteacher) who thought it was OK to lie, cheat and steal from me.

Now, second time around (Thai farm girl), I expect the lying, cheating and stealing, and I get what I expected.

But at least my eyes are open, so I'm not in for such a big disappointment, and I can (hopefully) manage the losses.

PS

Forget the "foreigner" and "a Thai" from the post title.

It seems to be a 50% likelihood of getting married to anyone, anywhere in the world.

PPS

Forget accusing me of being bitter, not bitter, but am really, really, disappointed by women's behavior in general.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Unfortunately, what I received was someone (UK schoolteacher) who thought it was OK to lie, cheat and steal from me.

Now, second time around (Thai farm girl), I expect the lying, cheating and stealing, and I get what I expected.

But at least my eyes are open, so I'm not in for such a big disappointment, and I can (hopefully) manage the losses.

PS

It seems to be a 50% likelihood of getting married to anyone, anywhere in the world.

PPS

Forget accusing me of being bitter, not bitter, but am really, really, disappointed by women's behavior in general.

Maybe in yourself .....?

PS

PPS

females are females,

we overlook what we choose in exchange for what we receive.....

let's face it people, no one gets fooled......

we can only fool ourselves

allow me to quote:

"What we allow to "exist" will "persist". The truth is not always easy to hear but the truth is the truth. The world is not going to change itself without our involvement! We are all on the this planet for a reason and this reason is for us to realize who WE are. We can take a few more thousand years to do this or we can do it now. "

Anyone who claims they have been "taken" by a female, anywhere, any city, and country, farm girl, or city "slicker", has allowed it; period

Edited by Scarpolo

PS

PPS

Well, it toke me 12 years to figure out things in my marriage and that my wife what not the kind of person, I thought she was. So off I went looking for a fresh start and a new life. Not easy to have to leave two kids, but it was that or being miserable the rest of my life. After my divorce, I was 100% sure I would never get involved in a longterm relationship again.

But sometimes life just "fxxks you" and I am now in this relationship with my Thai-girlfriend. A person who I can trust 100% and who has proven to me that no matter what, she will stand by my side. No lies, no need for money, no BS of any kind! After my marriage failed, I was sure that a person like that did not exist, but I am happy I found out, that there are real great, honest and loving women out there. Yes, I know I sound like a stupid Hollywood movie, but the fact is that I am really happy and still completely in love with my GF - although we have now know each other for over 4 years and we now have a small baby, which sometimes can be pretty hard.

So I fully understand your feelings and your disappointment in women. However, what I do not understand is your willingness to be with someone that does exactly what your ex also did. Personally, I would then prefer to live alone, just enjoy life and break some women-hearts (just to get a bit of revenge)

Why are you in a long-term relationship, with someone you do not believe in? To me, that is self-destructive because you will only be disappointed over and over again. Sorry, just my opinion - nothing personal :-)

Due to my persoanl exprience in Thailand as I don't mean to blame individul or races or country, sorry if it's hurts.

Some Thais look farang as ATM machine,some wife will bring boys home when you back home,some are lazy doing cooking left your house dirty , some like driking due to long years of working in bars,expect you to surpport thier family from grandma to grand children,some expect all farang are rich buying them rais of farms and cows and kick you out later. Disclaimer : NOt all are bads as I wrote must 50-60 % are good and hope you good luck!

PS

PPS

Well, it toke me 12 years to figure out things in my marriage and that my wife what not the kind of person, I thought she was. So off I went looking for a fresh start and a new life. Not easy to have to leave two kids, but it was that or being miserable the rest of my life. After my divorce, I was 100% sure I would never get involved in a longterm relationship again.

But sometimes life just "fxxks you" and I am now in this relationship with my Thai-girlfriend. A person who I can trust 100% and who has proven to me that no matter what, she will stand by my side. No lies, no need for money, no BS of any kind! After my marriage failed, I was sure that a person like that did not exist, but I am happy I found out, that there are real great, honest and loving women out there. Yes, I know I sound like a stupid Hollywood movie, but the fact is that I am really happy and still completely in love with my GF - although we have now know each other for over 4 years and we now have a small baby, which sometimes can be pretty hard.

So I fully understand your feelings and your disappointment in women. However, what I do not understand is your willingness to be with someone that does exactly what your ex also did. Personally, I would then prefer to live alone, just enjoy life and break some women-hearts (just to get a bit of revenge)

Why are you in a long-term relationship, with someone you do not believe in? To me, that is self-destructive because you will only be disappointed over and over again. Sorry, just my opinion - nothing personal :-)

Surely, you do not mean it when you say, you would "break some women's hearts, just for revenge?"

do you?

You can retract that, if you think your karma may be affected by leaving that value or belief out there.....?

I would go out of my way, NOT to ever break a girls heart, intentionally,

I am not sure if I believe in hell, but I am assured if there is one'; besides murder or rape of a child, that is in the top 5

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1