Enjoy 3G Internet - Free Triaol form TrueMove H

ravip

I tried in the Don Mueang Airport area but could not get a 3G connection.

I don't know if the problem is in my phone (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102).

Shall be going to Sukumvit area later in the day and try from there.

Will this work for pre paid customers?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yes. Scroll down for T's & C's: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/campaign/entry/2176?ln=en

Looks like 2 GB for the first 30 days, then 200 MB for the next 10 months - perhaps over 7 days; the terms are a bit confusing - assuming you top-up at least 50 baht/month.

Terms and Conditions of the “3G Welcome Pack 4GB” Promotion
1. The “3G Welcome Pack 4GB” promotion is for the TrueMove H customers of the Real Move Co., Ltd.
("Real Move") registered as individual postpaid and prepaid customers who use the mobile phones or mobile devices
that support 850 MHz or that is compatible with 850 and 2100 MHz (“Device”), except the customers under the
Samsung Galaxy Pocket NEO promotion or customers who use iSIM package. | 2. The customers as in 1 will receive
the privilege to use free 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 4 GB by registering from August 20, 2013 to October 31, 2013 or as
otherwise notified by Real Move.
The registration steps are as follows.
2.1 Receive the first 2 GB : for both postpaid and prepaid customers
1) after the first registration by typing *850# and pressing call (free of charge). (The signal that appears while
dialing must be Real Move 3G or LTE only.)
2) the customers will receive the SMS to confirm the right by clicking the URL link on the SMS. Once the
confirmation is made via website or SMS from Real Move, | 3) the customer will be entitled to use the first
2GB of 3G+/EDGE/GPRS which will be valid for 30 days from the date of receipt and
2.2. Receive the last 2 GB under the following terms
2.2.1. Postpaid Customers 1) the customers will be entitled to use the 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 10 cycles (1 cycle
equals to 30 days) by having 200 MB for each cycle. The first cycle will start after the end of the first use period as in 2.1 by typing *850*200# and pressing call (free of charge) (The signal that appears while dialing must be Real Move 3G or LTE only.) | 2) the customers will receive the SMS to confirm the right by clicking the URL link on the SMS. Once receiving the confirmation SMS from Real Move, the customers will be able to use his right for each cycle within 7 days after receiving Real Move confirmation. | 3) wait for the start date notification SMS from Real Move. 3G+/EDGE/GPRS will be available on the notified date of each cycle and valid for 7 days from the first use date of each cycle.
2.2.2. Prepaid Customers 1) the customers will be entitled to use 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 10 cycles (1 cycle equals
to 30 days) by having 200 MB for each cycle. The first cycle will start after the end of the first use period
as in 2.1 when top up at least 50 baht in each cycle and receive the confirmation SMS. | 2) The right for
each cycle will only be valid for 7 days from the date of receipt.
2.2.3. The right cannot be accumulated or roll over to next cycle.
2.2.4. If the customers fail to register or to top up in any cycle, they will be deemed to waive their right for
such cycle.
3. The customers can only register 1 time per 1 mobile phone number per 1 device.
4. Any rights mentioned in this promotion cannot be traded, refunded or turned into cash or other items, and cannot be
transferred to any other individual or juristic person.
5. Real Move reserves the right to amend, change, cease or cancel without prior notification if there is any regulations,
orders or policies of the related public authorities that require the amendment, change, cease or cancellation of this
service, or that such order increase the operational burdens of Real Move.
Depends on the version you have: 900/2100 or 850/2100. Given the former, along with TrueMove H's lack of 2100 MHz deployment you may be challenged. If the latter (850/2100) you should be good to go assuming you've configured your phone properly.
Edited by lomatopo

Note that per the Terms, one must be a customer of the new TrueMove H 2100 MHz subsidiary "Real Move" (520-04) either via a new SIM, or a port in. Real Move has limited deployment at present. (Once subscribed one can use both the old/existing CAT/TrueMove H 850 MHz network and the new, TrueMove H/Real Move 2100 MHz network(s).)

Quote:

The signal that appears while dialing must be Real Move 3G or LTE only.

Yes I have a 850/2100 and tried the settings mentioned on another thread on TV but failed.

blink.png

Will this work for pre paid customers?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Yes. Scroll down for T's & C's: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/campaign/entry/2176?ln=en

Looks like 2 GB for the first 30 days, then 200 MB for the next 10 months - perhaps over 7 days; the terms are a bit confusing - assuming you top-up at least 50 baht/month.

Terms and Conditions of the “3G Welcome Pack 4GB” Promotion
1. The “3G Welcome Pack 4GB” promotion is for the TrueMove H customers of the Real Move Co., Ltd.
("Real Move") registered as individual postpaid and prepaid customers who use the mobile phones or mobile devices
that support 850 MHz or that is compatible with 850 and 2100 MHz (“Device”), except the customers under the
Samsung Galaxy Pocket NEO promotion or customers who use iSIM package. | 2. The customers as in 1 will receive
the privilege to use free 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 4 GB by registering from August 20, 2013 to October 31, 2013 or as
otherwise notified by Real Move.
The registration steps are as follows.
2.1 Receive the first 2 GB : for both postpaid and prepaid customers
1) after the first registration by typing *850# and pressing call (free of charge). (The signal that appears while
dialing must be Real Move 3G or LTE only.)
2) the customers will receive the SMS to confirm the right by clicking the URL link on the SMS. Once the
confirmation is made via website or SMS from Real Move, | 3) the customer will be entitled to use the first
2GB of 3G+/EDGE/GPRS which will be valid for 30 days from the date of receipt and
2.2. Receive the last 2 GB under the following terms
2.2.1. Postpaid Customers 1) the customers will be entitled to use the 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 10 cycles (1 cycle
equals to 30 days) by having 200 MB for each cycle. The first cycle will start after the end of the first use period as in 2.1 by typing *850*200# and pressing call (free of charge) (The signal that appears while dialing must be Real Move 3G or LTE only.) | 2) the customers will receive the SMS to confirm the right by clicking the URL link on the SMS. Once receiving the confirmation SMS from Real Move, the customers will be able to use his right for each cycle within 7 days after receiving Real Move confirmation. | 3) wait for the start date notification SMS from Real Move. 3G+/EDGE/GPRS will be available on the notified date of each cycle and valid for 7 days from the first use date of each cycle.
2.2.2. Prepaid Customers 1) the customers will be entitled to use 3G+/EDGE/GPRS for 10 cycles (1 cycle equals
to 30 days) by having 200 MB for each cycle. The first cycle will start after the end of the first use period
as in 2.1 when top up at least 50 baht in each cycle and receive the confirmation SMS. | 2) The right for
each cycle will only be valid for 7 days from the date of receipt.
2.2.3. The right cannot be accumulated or roll over to next cycle.
2.2.4. If the customers fail to register or to top up in any cycle, they will be deemed to waive their right for
such cycle.
3. The customers can only register 1 time per 1 mobile phone number per 1 device.
4. Any rights mentioned in this promotion cannot be traded, refunded or turned into cash or other items, and cannot be
transferred to any other individual or juristic person.
5. Real Move reserves the right to amend, change, cease or cancel without prior notification if there is any regulations,
orders or policies of the related public authorities that require the amendment, change, cease or cancellation of this
service, or that such order increase the operational burdens of Real Move.
Depends on the version you have: 900/2100 or 850/2100. Given the former, along with TrueMove H's lack of 2100 MHz deployment you may be challenged. If the latter (850/2100) you should be good to go assuming you've configured your phone properly.

Yes I have a 850/2100 and tried the settings mentioned on another thread on TV but failed.

Assuming your phone is properly configured, and you have subscribed to a mobile data plan, you should be able get CAT/TrueMove H-850 MHz 3G pretty much everywhere.

Have you switched to Real Move/Real Future, the new 2100 MHz subsidiary? Or are you still on the old TrueMove? Or on CAT/TrueMove H?

Can you share the APN settings you are using? Which data plan have you subscribed to?

Feel free to post screen-shots.

Assuming your phone is properly configured, and you have subscribed to a mobile data plan, you should be able get CAT/TrueMove H-850 MHz 3G pretty much everywhere.

Have you switched to Real Move/Real Future, the new 2100 MHz subsidiary? Or are you still on the old TrueMove? Or on CAT/TrueMove H?

Can you share the APN settings you are using? Which data plan have you subscribed to?

Lomatopo, it seems that you're the expert everything concerning 3G.

I live east of Pattaya and when I do a network search I see True, True-H/Cat 3G , TOT 3G, and yesterday I also saw a network 53005 whatever that may be, but today that's gone.

So today I went to the True shop in Pattaya, you know the one thet has the True move H logo above the entrance, and asked for a new SIM as I wanted to test the signal.

He asked if my phone supported the 850 MHz network, so I said I wanted a 2100 MHz SIM.

He replied, Pattaya doesn't have 2100 MHz, only in Bangkok blink.png

So True spent a few billion baht on a 2100 MHz license and only use it in Bangkok ?

He said 2100 MHz only for 4G with True, which I understand only a few phones support these days.

So what are my options, taking in account the networks that show up on my phone.

I'm considering using the SIM in an aircard, but if the signal is fine, I would use it in my phone as well.

^ What is the make/model of your phone? Does it support 850 MHz? If yes, then /CAT/TrueMove H/850 MHz would be a good choice as it appears as though you can "see" that network.

An MCC/MNC of 530xx would indicate you are in New Zealand. Technically I guess that is "east of Pattaya". ;)

Guessing you see an MCC/MNC 52005, which would be DTAC/DTN/Tri-NET, on 2100 MHz so maybe try a new DTAC/Happy/DTN SIM?

TrueMove has run out of money to deploy 2100 MHz - they are trying to sell an "Infrastructure Fund" to generate capital - so they've chosen to use what little cash they have to deploy LTE on 2100 MHz. They do have targets to meet on 2100 MHz deployment so not sure what might happen if they fail to meet those? Maybe a fine, which will not be paid?

^ What is the make/model of your phone? Does it support 850 MHz? If yes, then /CAT/TrueMove H/850 MHz would be a good choice as it appears as though you can "see" that network.

An MCC/MNC of 530xx would indicate you are in New Zealand. Technically I guess that is "east of Pattaya". wink.png

Guessing you see an MCC/MNC 52005, which would be DTAC/DTN/Tri-NET, on 2100 MHz so maybe try a new DTAC/Happy/DTN SIM?

TrueMove has run out of money to deploy 2100 MHz - they are trying to sell an "Infrastructure Fund" to generate capital - so they've chosen to use what little cash they have to deploy LTE on 2100 MHz. They do have targets to meet on 2100 MHz deployment so not sure what might happen if they fail to meet those? Maybe a fine, which will not be paid?

My phone is a galaxy note 1, which I think supports all frequency's, but I would also like to use it in an aircard that supports 850 and 2100 Mhz.

Trinet will probably not a good option, since some days it shows up with a network search, but yesterday for example not, so it will probably have a weak signal.

How about TOT 3G, any good?

Where should I go for a test SIm for the True H/CAT ? To True shop or CAT ? Will it make any difference.

Is there a difference in package pricing between CAT and True H ?

If your device(s) support 3G/850 MHz, this was not obvious from your previous post(s), then definitely go with TrueMove H. You can buy a SIM for 50 baht, anywhere, and subscribe to a daily plan for 49 baht to evaluate (*900*3302#).

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/all

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/all

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/postpaid/entry/1312

post-9615-0-10769400-1382581011_thumb.jp

If your device(s) support 3G/850 MHz, this was not obvious from your previous post(s), then definitely go with TrueMove H. You can buy a SIM for 50 baht, anywhere, and subscribe to a daily plan for 49 baht to evaluate (*900*3302#).

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/all

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/all

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/postpaid/entry/1312

But would CAT or TOT be a good option for an aircard which obviously is always at the same location.

I recall that I read sometime ago that one of them gives really unlimited usage, don't know if this still is available.

I assume CAT nor TOT have data/call services ?

^ Baby steps.

TrueMove H/850 MHz is same same as CAT - it is CAT's network and TrueMove H acts as a reseller/MVNO.

TOT/2100 MHz may be an option - they do have some post-paid plans which offer truly unlimited usage but at a max. of 2 Mbps.

http://www.tot3g.net/PromotionInfo.aspx?pid=23

That TOT looks attractive, especially since that would more than double the speed I'm getting now biggrin.png

But since it say post paid, I assume that a test SIM is not in the cards ?

Been on the TOT website and as usual it is as informative as always.

Sorry, this trip was so hectic I couldn't spend time on this issue as I would have liked to. Now I am back home, so I guess it is the end of this story for me. Thank you very much for your help - really appreciate it.