Bangkok Bank refused to add new beneficiary for International wire Transfer!

Will2011

Hello,

Just reporting that I got rejected as I wanted to add a beneficiary account for international wire transfer in my online Bangkok Bank system.

Apparently, I can't transfer my own money to pay a company outside thailand. Only Thais can transfer for service payment, but not foreigners!

I have a non o stamp, but don't have the WP anymore, so i coukldnt claim the transfer for salary repatriation.

The only "good" news is that I can transfer at the bank, as BB'S manager told me.

It sucks. You can't deal with your own money!

Well, I thought it was pretty clear. Unless you have a Work Permit, you can't add an international beneficiary bank account to your online bangkok bank. On top of that, the added account has to be in your name!!!

Seems like a good security point to me, if someone hacked into your account from China or anywhere else outside the country they cant transfer any money out of your account overseas.

• Like 1

Well, I thought it was pretty clear. Unless you have a Work Permit, you can't add an international beneficiary bank account to your online bangkok bank. On top of that, the added account has to be in your name!!!

Seems like a good security point to me, if someone hacked into your account from China or anywhere else outside the country they cant transfer any money out of your account overseas.

Fantastic idea Charlie !!

maybe every international bank in the world could follow this 'security' procedure then we can all stay home and not be able to transfer money anywhere.

Whilst they are at it they could abolish all ATM cards - that would wipe out ATM fraud at a stroke.

• Like 1

I'm afraid this is pointless as you need to fill out an application form and show passport and other evidences before applying for it.

I recall before I just went to the bank with the invoice and Passport and transfer the money. Money was in cash, not from my bank account.

They needed the invoice and passport, nothing else.

So you are saying only invoice and passport? ,,,,,,No money?????? :)) Did the bank donated that??

There are more and more restrictions on International transfers these days.

All backed up by the dubious anti-money-laundering or terrorism reasons.

Transferring to another name than your own is one area where it becomes difficult.

I maintain an offshore account for my UK money, and from there I seem to be able to transfer on, to many places.

I'm afraid this is pointless as you need to fill out an application form and show passport and other evidences before applying for it.

The Nigerians seem to be able to do it though.