Climate Change Poll

T_Dog

Climate Change Poll  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's hard to argue that man has not had an impact on the world. Whether that means this is significantly contributing to climate change is the point of debate. But it sure would seem like it. Beijing in the winter being blasted by sand storms from the desert, which is a direct result of human interference. Massive deforestation globally. Smoke covering almost all of Asia during parts of the year. Etc.

In that movie, Chasing Ice, he did show a few interesting things. One was a cause of some of Greenland's ice cap melt. Darkening of the ice caused by pollution.

Another interesting fact was the data on glaciers in Canada. Sure, a few were increasing, but the vast majority were shrinking at record levels. The earth certainly does warm and cool over time, but it tends to be very long time frames. Not the shortened ones we are seeing now????

I was in Patagonia a few years ago and got to see first hand how the glaciers have changed. Pictures showing where the ice was 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 years ago were crazy to see. Massive melt off in the past 10 years. Even in the past few years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the fact that you cant understand why that would be the case means that it isnt a fact? lol

Would you be so kind to take a few minutes and explain how the CO2 levels during the start of the Silurian period were vastly higher than they are today (and I really mean vastly) and yet it was the first ice-age following the Pre-Cambrian period.

co2_temperature_historical.png

And then go on to explain how my education in geology was a total waste of time.

Thanks in advance.

no

I'd already worked out that you couldn't.

Bit of friendly advice, if you have already been caught in a lie, it may be best not to try and compound it.

Cheers, and have a nice day.

• Like 2

Well after reading al of the my house got flooded posts some people came to realise that Thailand has had problems with floods for century's thats why many old houses in rural Thailand are built on stilts .

Apparently buying a parcel of cheap land from noi or toys family in nakhon somewhere and building that million dollar retirement villa has left a sour taste in their mouth and bank account.

So much for climate change.But according to some people its al a certain politicians fault ........

I am not sure why the Thai rural houses are built on stilts, but in Issan I think it had something to do with keeping snakes, and bugs etc out of the dwelling amoung other reasons.

No, it's about flooding and cooling, most snakes can climb steps or drop from trees. Bugs can often fly as well.

I draw your attention to GreenSnappers input.

+1

Not enough options. Maybe we are contributing to some degree but the climate changes anyway as it has in the past.

I feel we are being taxed to the hilt in the U.K. over global warming and Camoron is now talking about backtracking on the green taxes - as of yesterdays news.

Maybe if someone had asked John D. Rockefeller what the climate would do he would have given the same prediction he did when asked about what the stock market would do.

"Fluctuate."

Must be nice to live in such simplicity, bet you watch FOX "news".

Maybe if someone had asked John D. Rockefeller what the climate would do he would have given the same prediction he did when asked about what the stock market would do.

"Fluctuate."

Must be nice to live in such simplicity, bet you watch FOX "news".

i bet you watch abc nbc, cbs, and msnbc "news"