Indoor cat food recommendation

Happy Resident

We have recently acquired a beautiful young female cat to live in our apartment. We would like to ensure her ongoing health and wellbeing by giving her the best combination of wet and dry foods. Can anyone recommend the best and most suitable brand that offers a combination of good quality pouches and pellets available here in Chiangmai and where can we obtain them. At present she is on Me-O because we have not seen any comparative brands to make a choice.

Our cats been eating Me-O for several years, she likes the Chicken and Veg one best,

which we also feed to our Hedgehogs, also look at the small tins of Me-O Sardines,

they are very good, chopped up pieces of real fish 20 Bht per tin, .

She wont eat the Me-O Tuna pellets or the Me-O tinned Tuna.

regards worgeordie

We've been feeding our cat Royal Canin brand for dry food, which is left out 24/7 so she can nibble away at her leisure. Each day a 5pm (she is remarkably able to tell time and reminds us if it's not in her bowl by 5:05) she gets a pouch of "Whiskas" brand wet food, switching between 'Ocean Fish,' 'Tuna and Chicken,' 'Seafood Cocktail, etc., etc. each day. Some days she will finish the whole bowl in 10 minutes, other days she will eat bits of it over the course of the evening.

Some cats will over-eat if food is left out all day, but our cat is not one of those and is quite slim. This has been her diet for the past 12 years, and she's in excellent health, still active and playful, and has a nice shiny coat.

You can find Whiskas pouches in Tops supermarket, Tessco Lotus, Big C, etc., ranging in price from 15-18 baht per pouch, as well as most better pet shops for a bit more. Royal Canin can be found in better pet shops and Vet practices around Chiang Mai. Both of these are produced in age-related lines.

royal canine, me o, whiskas, all contain corn, soy as fillers, meat and bonemeals content etc they are doable but absolutely nothing near good quality

head over to central airport, the pet store near the parking. they carry imports such as innova, wellness etc which contain no fillers. stocks are limited and expensive relatively

if you are tight on budget or not willing to spend a fortune, then look for maxima lamb. contain no corn, no soys. it is 80 to 100 baht per kg and choice of food for breeders here. any pet store will carry them

• Like 2

We feed our cats Royal Canin brand cat food - imported, as well as "pla too" from the market (3 fish about 20-25 Baht).

Most vets will tell you not to feed cats salty food. Their kidneys aren't equipped to handle it. Even lots of commercial cat foods have too much salt. That said, Thai cats seem peculiar in lots of ways so maybe their kidneys have adapted.

if you are tight on budget or not willing to spend a fortune, then look for maxima lamb. contain no corn, no soys. it is 80 to 100 baht per kg and choice of food for breeders here. any pet store will carry them

Maxima is good. I had forgotten about that. You can get it at the pet shop on the Canal Road near Empress Dental Clinic or buy it on-line for about 900 THB for 15 kg.

• Like 1