How do I mail letters to United States

GaryB1263

Thanks Morden. What is EMS?

EMS is an international postal 'Express Mail Service' offered by postal-operators of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which Thailand Post is also a member.

As Morden suggests, consider DHL or go for Registered EMS by Thailand Post. You will get a tracking code to trace your mail...

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You will also get a tracking code with your EMS package and it will cost you 90% (or so) less than DHL. As I recall the last EMS I sent to Baltimore cost me 550 Baht.

I have used EMS for mail in Kingdom as well as to the US and track it from the local post office to destination from my PC.

Been doing it for 10 years or so and only lost one item...temporarily....when I used the wrong address.

The Thai postal system returned it in a few days as undeliverable.

I won't use anything else in Thailand.

Thanks Morden. What is EMS?

EMS is an international postal 'Express Mail Service' offered by postal-operators of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which Thailand Post is also a member.

As Morden suggests, consider DHL or go for Registered EMS by Thailand Post. You will get a tracking code to trace your mail...

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And with EMS there is slow service & quick service if you don't have 3 weeks to wait go the fast EMS. slow is pretty slow & fast is about like DHL- UPS- Fed X but a fraction of the cost. I have never lost any mail to the U.S. through EMS. Kudos!

Thanks Everyone has been a big help.

"... track it from the local post office to destination from my PC"

Yes, with Express Mail Service the Thai Post Office tracker will follow it to destination and show who signed for it.

You can track here using the EE number on your P.O. receipt at the website: http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinterneT/Default.aspx

You'll get something like this by the time it's delivered (although in my example it was to Korea).

And the post office on Soi Post Office in Pattaya near the beach is open all day, 7 days a week from 8:00 in the morning

post-145917-0-54090300-1382784898_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1