Alcohol Sales / The Lotus "3 - Week Holiday"

mushroomdave

I moved here to Lam Plai Mat 5 months ago and have went to the local Lotus store and bought beer/alcohol at various times of the day and never had a problem.....until now. Over the past 3 weeks or so, including just an hour ago, I am told I cannot buy alcohol until 5:00 and the explanation is that it's a "holiday" and that's why. Can someone explain this so-called "3 week Lotus holiday" to me? I find it a bit funny and can buy at many other places "not on holidays" but just wondering if I'm missing something? Thanks in advance.

The sales clerk's English has gone astray. Alcohol sales are not permitted outside the hours of 1100- 1400 and 1700 onwards except in wholesale quantities (beer= 2 cases or more). The big stores, including Tesco Lotus, stick to this rule; the mom and pop shops don't.

• Like 2

The sales clerk's English has gone astray. Alcohol sales are not permitted outside the hours of 1100- 1400 and 1700 onwards except in wholesale quantities (beer= 2 cases or more). The big stores, including Tesco Lotus, stick to this rule; the mom and pop shops don't.

Thank you as that explains it. I guess a number of the employees had the same English teacher as I have had at least 3 or 4 of them say the same thing !! lol !!! Guess I'll have to time my trips now. Thanks again.

Edited by mushroomdave

Thank you as that explains it. I guess a number of the employees had the same English teacher as I have had at least 3 or 4 of them say the same thing !! lol !!! Guess I'll have to time my trips now. Thanks again.

The only correction is the time...on wards should be 12 midnight. Even 7-11 and all large company min marts threw out Thailand adhere to this.Except local mom and pop stores.whistling.gif

• Like 1