Watch seller gang attack and injure Russian tourist In Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coughcoughbulshtcough

Everything aout this story is fictional.

I mean, I don't doubt he got his ass beat. But the means, the motive, the baffled cops? None of that went down like this article plays it.

Go to the cops and give your statement. What,you werent there? Get real.

I'm not sure I understand your response.

Are you saying I can't call BS on this story just because I wasn't there? Because I would argue that simple logic can be used from afar.

Rip off tourist from airport tax increase 700 to 800, Medical insurance 500, Phuket taxi mafia,Watch seller? Many more welcome to amazing Thailand,

And on your way out don't forget to stay clear of the duty free shoplifting frame up scam at the world class international airport.

I would like to hear the other side story. I am sure there are hundreds of people who say no to these watch sellers every week but they don't get beaten up?blink.png

I have seen tourists sometimes with their friends being sarcastic about the product and generally making the watch sellers feel uncomfortable. It depends what these. Russians said to them and how they conducted themselves.

Something tells me that if you politely say no, after you have looked at the product they will not suddenly attack you?

coughcoughbulshtcough

Everything aout this story is fictional.

I mean, I don't doubt he got his ass beat. But the means, the motive, the baffled cops? None of that went down like this article plays it.

The Thais thought the Russian was wasting their time and mouthed off. The Russian probably said something back and that was as good excuse as any for the bitter Thais to gang attack another farang.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to hear the other side story. I am sure there are hundreds of people who say no to these watch sellers every week but they don't get beaten up?blink.png

I have seen tourists sometimes with their friends being sarcastic about the product and generally making the watch sellers feel uncomfortable. It depends what these. Russians said to them and how they conducted themselves.

Something tells me that if you politely say no, after you have looked at the product they will not suddenly attack you?

There is another side to th4e story,go back a bit and read

a few weeks back I was in a bar in soi bukou when an aftershave vendor pushed his

stuff towards me. I tried to tell him I do not use after shave, but he insisted on putting some

on my hand,one of the group sitting around commented "the smell goes away after ten minutes"

and the vendor went apeshit screaming that I talk no good and doing a good impression of an enraged

orangatang,this seemed to entertain all the company bar me, I looked at him closely and immediately noticed his eyes weren't right, I was informed lao cow (thai-whiskey) was the culprit,but over the last few years I have noticed a change in these people they now bump push or nudge you,to the extent that sitting on the beach trying to read the paper is a waste of time, were before they only spoke to their punters, they definitely are more desperate and rude,

but if the Russian has dropped the watch in water/beer he has gone a bit over, and needs to pull his horns in, next time they might be tooled up and they won't hesitate.

, I also have noticed over the last three years or so Thai street vendors have adopted the habit of poking you in the back to get your attention.

Irritating to say the least!

Money is tight and people are desperate.

Loss of face for the Russian since the watch seller tried to make a <deleted> of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

God damn...................don`t tell me that the Russians employ the "loose face scheme" too xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png ?!?!

I bought a Rolex a few years back for B1000.

I asked the seller if the gold rubbed off could I get my money back.

She said that if the gold DIDN'T rub off he'd give me my money back.

It's getting worse. Tuk tuk mafia, jet ski mafia, lady boy mafia, and now fake watch mafia. Where will all this stop??

The Thais are all cowards so they need a gang (mafia) around to help if there is a "problem" with the sale.

As we all know Thais wont even try to beat up a foreign tourist if he know it's 1 percent chance he loose the fight coffee1.gif

Some truth in what you say Bander, last year I saw a group of motorcycle taxi guys gang up on an Englishman (problem with the fare demanded i was told), he floored three of them real fast, and the others ran off, probably to get a gun, picked on the wrong guy it seemed!

• Like 1

There is a fake/copy watch seller in Pattaya that invite potential customers to place the( copy of waterproof) watch in water, they provide the tank and allow 15 minutes for the watch to be tested.

They do not claim the watches to be genuine of course.

It is not an uncommon testing method( for a copy waterproof model)

There're also girls who shoot ping pong balls at you with a body part. Would you make the same test with them if they're genuine?-giggle.gif

It's getting worse. Tuk tuk mafia, jet ski mafia, lady boy mafia, and now fake watch mafia. Where will all this stop??

The Thais are all cowards so they need a gang (mafia) around to help if there is a "problem" with the sale.

As we all know Thais wont even try to beat up a foreign tourist if he know it's 1 percent chance he loose the fight coffee1.gif

Some truth in what you say Bander, last year I saw a group of motorcycle taxi guys gang up on an Englishman (problem with the fare demanded i was told), he floored three of them real fast, and the others ran off, probably to get a gun, picked on the wrong guy it seemed!

Is the Englishman still alive? They do come back and kick asses. That's my own personal experience.-wai2.gif

Karma might haunt the Thais some day. Russiand are known to beat up Asians (in Russia) Since Russia and Thailand have some new reciprical visa waivers, the Thai tourists in Russia might be wise to start looking over their shoulders.

Eventually what goes around, comes around smile.png

Those Russian boys might have to call on Uncle Sasha to lend them a hand smile.png

The asians in russia are mostly from the caucasus mountains and hardly look like the south east asians.

I agree in england and other farang countries the gang members there fight honorably and although are called gang members fight 1 to 1 or 1 to many. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

This is a comedic report surely.

A 'fake' watch in Pattaya , you have gotta be joking.

I find it hard to believe that it was represented as a genuine Rolex / Tag / whatever.

I have been getting them offered for over 25 + years as First Class COPY ..never as Original. Find this a bit hard to believe

coffee1.gif

" When asked, passers-by and residents said that this kind of thing usually happens, so this is giving Pattaya City a bad reputation with visitors and tourists. It is clear that the police and/or local government will have to act to stop these very vicious criminal groups from operating."

Never heard about gangs of fake watch sellers going around beating up tourist !!

Tourists should arm themselves for these kinds of situations. Can you imagine? Gang of 8 watch sellers blown to hell after attacking armed toursits! hahaha THAT would solve the problem! clap2.gif

Inflammatory post removed:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.