Naomi Campbell's skin whitened for Vogue Thailand cover

webfact

It seems some things never change in LOS......I recall about 20 years ago going to see an Eddie Murphy film in Khon Kaen and was surprised to see that Eddie had lost his Afro hair and dark skin in the hand painted promo poster outside the cinema. People must've got quite a shock to find the star was not the white boy they expected.....not that most Isaan folk are as racist as their Central Thai compatriots, often being the butt of dark skin "khon Lao" jokes, so would probably sympathise with Naomi and Eddie's skin makeover plight. rolleyes.gif

See what you did there ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave Naomi a oriental/Japanese look for this part of the world I guess where light colored skin is considered prettier...more HiSo. However, for me, give me tan to dark skin any day over white skin...don't get me wrong, white skin is beautiful also but it's just I prefer tan compared to a pale, sickly looking skin color.

But when it comes to Naomi, I wouldn't get involved with that female even for a one night stand--she's well known to be extremely temperamental and high maintenance. On second thought, maybe I could put-up with her for one night.

Only if she is in to bondage. She has convictions for violence and airport officials hate her. My guess is that she utters that damning phrase 'do you know who I am' more then the entire Thaksin cabal.

For my money she's just another clothes horse overloaded with pretension and delusions of grandeur. Her value to the World is miniscule compared to that of the majority of nurses..

Edited by Bagwan

My wife skin is just brown beautiful..and I am white milk. I am lucky in Thailand.....In my South American country if you are white skinned....like I am..people will run from you thinking that something is wrong....or...they will know for sure that you are a foreigner..That is also not a good thing in some countries...In America...women will be jealous of my wife skin tone. I glad she do not know about.....I glad that she do not believe that she is so beautiful...I glad we do not live in America......In America...she will not even look at me....

Come on guys....So what Naomi Campbell's skin is lighter. So what that in Africa particularly a "paler" complexion gets a better lobola (bride price) for a girl and where black is really not beautiful.

It matters little that Thai girls spend billions on "skin whiteners" to make her look more - well - white.

The pharmacy and supermarket shelves groan with the weight of carcinogenous skin whiteners.

Meanwhile in pasty faced Europe a fortune is spent on skin darkeners. Women and even some types of men go to "sun lounges" where they enter a stainless steel coffin structure and are "Baked" brown with all sorts of cancer encouraging spectra.

I want to be brown. I want to be white. I want straight hair. I want mine curly.

When I was a kid I used to watch the Af ladies spend, literally hours, combing the kinks out of their hair with hot combs, to get it "Straight". My sisters spent hours with all manner of "curling" things.

Seems too few of us are happy with the way we look. Or we were happy until "Did you see that advert..?"

In case you all hadn't noticed, white people still control the world. The war on melanin is stronger than ever.

White people account for 15% of the world population.

Do you really think China and India play so little a part?

Though I have to say, some of those Chinese girls visiting CM are REALLY white.

Edited by FiftyTwo

In Asia it's fashionable to look white. In the west it's fashionable to look darker, hence the tanning beds. If the People from the East are racist for preferring lighter skin, then the People from the West are racist for preferring tanned or darker skin. There's no outcry about the latter, so this is a double-standard.

In Asia it's fashionable to look white. In the west it's fashionable to look darker, hence the tanning beds. If the People from the East are racist for preferring lighter skin, then the People from the West are racist for preferring tanned or darker skin. There's no outcry about the latter, so this is a double-standard.

Having a preference is fine. Lightening the skin tone of someone to sell a magazine because your readership dislikes dark skin tones to the point of contempt is, at the least, pandering to racists and in my view the actions of racists.

Having a preference is fine. Lightening the skin tone of someone to sell a magazine because your readership dislikes dark skin tones to the point of contempt is, at the least, pandering to racists and in my view the actions of racists.

+1 thumbsup.gif