Condo Re Sale Purchasing Process

I am back in TH in a few weeks and interested in looking at a few re sale Condo's that are currently up for sale. Any pointers or web sites that show the general process of purchasing? I prefer to go a little clued up rather than being lead by a real estate chap and his mate who is a lawyer.

Do I have to investigate the landlord, land etc. Do you survey the building. And its mentioned on here about various coloured books that you get. When do you get them, When do you pay? And any recommendations of a lawyer in the Pattaya area.

I plan to use the Condo as a base for a few years as I come out 4 or 5 times a year. I will prob put my GF in the Condo as she is paying for a room anyway, which in theory I am paying for so it makes sense to put her in it, until I know more on our relationship or until I am ready to come out and live in TH.

So the info I am seeking please is the process of purchasing a re sale Condo and not to debate renting against buying in Thailand.

Thanks

Vulc

I will prob put my GF in the Condo as she is paying for a room anyway, which in theory I am paying for so it makes sense to put her in it, until I know more on our relationship or until I am ready to come out and live in TH.

How utterly naive, keep renting in her name, if it goes pear shaped, walk away.

Why would anyone move a Thai girl into a place they pay for, then when the shit hits the fan expect the girl to move out?

Sorry mate, keep the relationship as it is.

PS, why cant the girl pay for the Condo herself?

Define g/f, where does she work and how much does she earn per month?

When you are ready to come and live here, you will probably reasses your relationship, up to you.

• Like 1

Even though you specifcally state please no discussion on purchasing, low and behold first reply discusses this and your relationship with you partner, really what does her proffession have to do with the buying process........Although you can purchase at Majestic, Nirun or 9 Karet for 600k you get what you pay for so depending on your budget will determine this. Check the management. what are the maintenance fees, will they be increased, sinking fund, will there be additional payments required. View Talay are always a safe bet, good manegment, low maintenace and most in good locations. You will get a feel for the prices looking at websites, Baht sold, DD property or agents websites. Its a myth you pay more through an agent, it also gives you some protcetion and assistance with transfers.

^^^,

right now its a buyers market, as you rightly say there is a lot of crap for sale.

So what if the OP pays another years rent and bides his time to pick up the right property at the right price.

Its not the buying of the property thats the problem, its the selling of the property or the trying to get it rented out thats the problem.

The OP says he visits about 4 or 5 times a year, which to me would indicate he is not short of a bob or two, as a rule, I have found people with money not to be stupid.

The OP IMHO is mixing business with pleasure.

I didnt bring his g/f to the topic, the OP did, why cant she get a mortgage?

In his own words, "until I know more on our relationship or until I am ready to come out and live in TH."

At this stage, the g/f isn't even considered wife material, and the OP isnt even ready to come and live here.

If he aint ready to come and live here, why the heck should he buy a property, never mind move some girl into it?

As they say here, "up to you"

Edited by rgs2001uk

Thanks for your comments. I am looking around generally. I do not want a big resort style development. Also who the current tenants are in the block as I want to avoid people from that big country east of Europe as they generally dont know how to behave. I am due in Pattaya in 10 days time so will do some more research. Will look at Talay and also Beach Mountain.

I would rather have paid the condo off now so I have an asset to live in with only monthly maintenance fees to consider. Quite happy to put the GF in saving her 5000 a month in rent or just having available for when I am in town.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app