Bangkok police arrest Nigerian in 1 million baht Cocaine bust

webfact

The war on drugs is futile.

People want to get high. Let 'em.

On another note, no one should be surprised by the racist comments on these types of topics.

A hefty percentage of the membership are dull old white men who, thanks to the PC brigade's efforts back in USA, Europe etc have had to bite their tongues for fear of a backlash. The combination of living in Thailand and being on a locally-hosted internet forum with the comfy hood of anonymity to hide under, makes them feel safe and brave enough to vent their racist vitriol knowing there's nobody to keep them in check.

The irony is that most of them hate being treated unfairly because of their skin color ------ overcharging etc or stereotyped by Thais as lumbering buffalos -------but they're happy to do the same to others

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 posts have got it completely correct. Racism in any form is abhorrent! Stereotyping is equally as dangerous. There are good and bad people in this world, regardless of colour, race, gender, sexual orientation etc. By making sweeping generalisations we show ourselves up and do nothing to help the cause of multiculturalism.

A previous post talked about O. J. Simpson. (I was unaware that he was a Nigerian). I think the poster made reference to him because he is black. However, as far as I am aware, he is also a citizen of the United States of America. Does that make all Americans untrustworthy? I don't think so. Mr. Simpson has clearly made some bad decisions in his life, maybe as a result of drug abuse or some other shortcoming, however, I don't expect that people were so bothered about his ethnic origin when he was "rushing" 2000 yards in a season!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app