Isuzu MUX

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People with Cruise Control are a Pompous Pain in the But , they don't drive to suit the Flow, they just get in everyone's way.Posted Image . Except T.V. Readers naturally..............Posted Image

So your sitting on the fence then....Posted Image

Thought he meant TV Readers got in everyone's way naturally.

sent from android please excuse errors in type and or judgement

NEW Isuzu MU-X 1,014,000 1,401,000 4

- 3.0 VGS 4WD DVD NAVI

- 3.0 VGS 2WD DVD NAVI

- 2.5 VGS 2WD DVD

- 2.5 VGS 2WD CD

That really is a very nice looking vehicle, and the prices are very reasonable, seem much cheaper than the Tuna or new Everest. I think this one is a game changer for Isuzu. First time I have ever seen something they make in Thailand that I would own.

On to my second new Isuzu 3.0 ltr turbo .. The New model has much more power, more quiet and much better fuel efficiency ...As for petrol versus diesel ..you can keep your petrol cars ! PS .. God invented Car stereos the same day He invented a Diesel Engine !! So crank it up !! ENJOY ! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

IMHO, on 17 Nov 2013 - 12:50, said:

Yes, the 3.0L in the MU-X/D-Max is the same engine that's been going into D-Max's since 2004 (4JJ1-TC) Back then it made 144HP, in 2006 it was upgraded to 163HP (4JJ1-TCX), and in 2011 upgraded to 177HP (4JJ1-TC iTEQ). The extra HP in each revision has come from updates to the commonrail system, injectors and turbo - all of which you mess with as soon as you start tuning

The 4JJ1-TCX wasn't detuned - the get the extra 14HP in 2011 it took a revised turbo design, new injectors and updated commonrail system. They also updated the head design to improve FE a couple of percent, and some tweaks to try and make it a little less noisy.

There hasn't been any revisions since 2011.

The '2nd Generation' MU-X is a redesigned interior/exterior body and chassis with the same basic power plant.

Controll Users get in Truck Drivers way , i see it on our Mountains regularly. Theres old Mr Perfect doing 70 ,stopping big rigs from gathereing downhill speed to make the next incline.Then wonders why the Scania is right up his Superior Arse..w00t.gif ..

Yes, that is what always happen. people see something in certain conditions and straight away draw conclusions for the whole population.

Controll Users get in Truck Drivers way , i see it on our Mountains regularly. Theres old Mr Perfect doing 70 ,stopping big rigs from gathereing downhill speed to make the next incline.Then wonders why the Scania is right up his Superior Arse..w00t.gif ..

Yes, that is what always happen. people see something in certain conditions and straight away draw conclusions for the whole population.

yes CC is pure unadulterated evil and only for people that drive seventy in the passing lane in order to piss off overladen trucks ..passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

Edited by fullcave

^^^@Thailoht,

You've summed up the MUX pretty well, but I'm not sold. I will wait for the new Tuna and Everest, and thanks to IMHO for setting us straight on the (non revolutionary, not even - evolutionary) engine. Seems like Isuzu and Toyota both have gotten lazy in Thailand thinking the sheeple will automatically buy repackaged old tech in new clothing. Meanwhile, we are going forward at the auto show and ordering a Ford Ecosport for another family member, though not sure yet whether it will be the 1.0L, 1.5, or diesel auto.... I'll let you all know...

^^^@Thailoht, You've summed up the MUX pretty well, but I'm not sold. I will wait for the new Tuna and Everest, and thanks to IMHO for setting us straight on the (non revolutionary, not even - evolutionary) engine. Seems like Isuzu and Toyota both have gotten lazy in Thailand thinking the sheep will automatically buy repackaged old tech in new clothing. Meanwhile, we are going forward at the auto show and ordering a Ford Ecosport for another family member, though not sure yet whether it will be the 1.0L, 1.5, or diesel auto.... I'll let you all know...

You have summed up beautifully, this, the LOS auto market in which we find ourselves!

We can only select from the models they choose to send to the dealerships. sad.png

Talking about 'Grin and Bear it!' facepalm.gif TIT, baby!

To be fair, every time the topic of HP or torque come up in conversation with Isuzu and Toyota's PR people, the response is always along the lines of "we don't play a numbers game".

If you were to drive a 170 odd HP 3.0L Vigo or Dmax, then jump into a 200HP Colorado or Ranger, you might come out of it wondering if those extra horses have been living on a diet of beer and pizza ;)

• Like 1

Me thinks "Not playing the numbers game" is what car makers say when the competition has better numbers to brag about.

Ford TH don't play the numbers game with weight, at least on their web site specs. Wonder if that could be because the Ranger is a bit on the porky side?

Ford RSA reckon a 3.2L 4x4 AT Wildtrack is 2118kg, 248kg more than Toyota's 1,870kg for the Hilux 3.0L 4x4 AT. The V-Cross is similar or lighter to the Hilux, Maybe IMHO is right about the beer and pizza.

The Ranger has a no significant Power to weight advantage so performance should be similar. Will be interesting to see how overweight the new Everest turns out to be.

Edited by Jitar

To be honest, even the 2.2 with the 6spd dsg was a lot of fun to drive out of town on account of its size and transmission. downtown bangkok sois and parking in the mall took extra care and can imagine it would eventually wear thin. Will be very interested in the everest when it comes available. Saw an Mux and looks good to someone who finds the dmax more attractive than the colorado. The trailblazer doesnt provide adequate tilt and seat adjust for my height so assumed the Mux will be no different.

Steven, even my wife can now tell their inconsideration for others..."That Prats got the Thingy on , not keeping up!!!."... I rarely use it, only from AuNong to Hua Hin , and thats only because it there. Most Ferangs go short runs so they dont need em either, but if its your kinda toy fair enough.thumbsup.gif .

Me thinks "Not playing the numbers game" is what car makers say when the competition has better numbers to brag about.

In some cases, sure. But not all - go compare the power and torque curves of the Duramax 2.8L to the Puma 3.2L :)

In some cases, sure. But not all - go compare the power and torque curves of the Duramax 2.8L to the Puma 3.2L smile.png

Some time ago, I saw a good torque chart showing different pickup engines by an ex-poster MRO, you may know of him wink.png The Ford engine certainly appeared to have a better spread of torque.

Aren't both Ford and Chev both playing the numbers game?

Ford have an engine with more power and torque than the competition so they promote that, but the fat Ford's weight means performance is not too different.

Chev promoted their comparable peak torque number in response and with the inferior torque spread / lower power output off set by less weight.

Steven, even my wife can now tell their inconsideration for others..."That Prats got the Thingy on , not keeping up!!!."... I rarely use it, only from AuNong to Hua Hin , and thats only because it there. Most Ferangs go short runs so they dont need em either, but if its your kinda toy fair enough.thumbsup.gif .

Again, doesn't mean anything since you and her are not noticing the many others that are using it without causing (in your eyes) problems to others.

Again, doesn't mean anything since you and her are not noticing the many others that are using it without causing (in your eyes) problems t

In anyones Eyes who drive Normally. Wherever theres a tailback Mr Pefects C, Cing away , ignoring everyone. Im emphatic their usefullness is on U.S. Bri t/ Ozz Highways with pathetic Limits and Radar every half hour.

Again, doesn't mean anything since you and her are not noticing the many others that are using it without causing (in your eyes) problems t

In anyones Eyes who drive Normally. Wherever theres a tailback Mr Pefects C, Cing away , ignoring everyone. Im emphatic their usefullness is on U.S. Bri t/ Ozz Highways with pathetic Limits and Radar every half hour.

Since you insist on ignoring what I'm saying, sure, up to you.

Got a test in MU-X today and I'm disappointed...the interior looks good,except for this light gray color of the leather seats....they had some plastic covers on them,but the driver seat plastic was ripped and the leather was already showing dirt on it...

The trunk is really small,if all the seats are in use....when you fold the last row,it opens up a bit,but....

Driving was OK except for the 'clanking' noise with every attempt to accelerate...and leaning sideways on curves...and it showed only 8.2km/L at the average....so No,Thanks...not for me sad.png

Got a test in MU-X today and I'm disappointed...the interior looks good,except for this light gray color of the leather seats....they had some plastic covers on them,but the driver seat plastic was ripped and the leather was already showing dirt on it...

The trunk is really small,if all the seats are in use....when you fold the last row,it opens up a bit,but....

Driving was OK except for the 'clanking' noise with every attempt to accelerate...and leaning sideways on curves...and it showed only 8.2km/L at the average....so No,Thanks...not for me sad.png

I just happened to sit in a Pajero Sport on display at the mall today, too. It's interior space isn't even that of the MU-X!! It's trunk space even seemed to be smaller (if the same) than the MU-X ... and the MU-X (and Pajero Sport?) are larger and than the Fortuner!!

The point is, is that auto consumers in SUV class (< THB1.5 mil) in the LOS market, have to basically choose a vehicle with the 'least' number of negatives that satisfy their individual preferences.

.... but, really, what bearing (if any??) would the 8.2 km/L avg you happened to see displayed on the MU-X, (at the time you were there), have on the overall impression of the vehicle?

I just happened to sit in a Pajero Sport on display at the mall today, too. It's interior space isn't even that of the MU-X!! It's trunk space even seemed to be smaller (if the same) than the MU-X ... and the MU-X (and Pajero Sport?) are larger and than the Fortuner!!

The point is, is that auto consumers in SUV class (< THB1.5 mil) in the LOS market, have to basically choose a vehicle with the 'least' number of negatives that satisfy their individual preferences.

.... but, really, what bearing (if any??) would the 8.2 km/L avg you happened to see displayed on the MU-X, (at the time you were there), have on the overall impression of the vehicle?

I drive the New Ranger now,so I just simply compare this to the MU-X and the 2.2L Ranger is smoother and seems to have no less power that this 3.0L Isuzu.Of course the MU-X feels 'lighter' and 'softer',but that's about it....

...and I get about 10.5-11.5 km/L in the city,so this average score of 8.2 is not impressive(well,it's a test vehicle,so people probably drive harder),but still I'm not impressed at all....will check the TrailBlazer( the new version) and see how that one will compare engine wise,but the interior is similar,still maybe at least different seat colors....I do like the dashboard thou wink.png .The new Ford Everest should be much better I think and if it will come with the 3.2L,than it should be an easy choice...but I will probably wait till the new generation Toyota and Mitsubishi arrive...as IMHO mention,that should be something 'really' new...I hope smile.png .

I drive the New Ranger now,so I just simply compare this to the MU-X and the 2.2L Ranger is smoother and seems to have no less power that this 3.0L Isuzu.Of course the MU-X feels 'lighter' and 'softer',but that's about it....

...and I get about 10.5-11.5 km/L in the city,so this average score of 8.2 is not impressive(well,it's a test vehicle,so people probably drive harder),but still I'm not impressed at all....will check the TrailBlazer( the new version) and see how that one will compare engine wise,but the interior is similar,still maybe at least different seat colors....I do like the dashboard thou wink.png .The new Ford Everest should be much better I think and if it will come with the 3.2L,than it should be an easy choice...but I will probably wait till the new generation Toyota and Mitsubishi arrive...as IMHO mention,that should be something 'really' new...I hope smile.png .

That Ranger has always been at the top of my 'Pickup Truck' list, too - I have yet to hear one negative performance comment about it!

I think I would like that new 4WD Wildtrack!

I think the mfg are dumbing down .... I mean, 'down sizing' their 'Next Generations'. My personal preference happens to be for size and space, so I bought last year - the last year of the 'Big Boys' in this class.

.... as for the 3.0L Isuzu, under the same driving conditions, it won't get 8.6 km/L and, in fact, you may learn that the Isuzu SUV 3.0L with 4WD, 1800 kg, records better FE than 10.5 - 11.5 km/L.

The 8.6 km/L fuel avg you saw on the MU-X was probably the result of many unknown factors: Could it have been driven in heavy stop-and-go traffic by a (several?) lunchtime test driver(s)? Was the vehicle idling for an extra ordinary length of time while sales-personnel (or service people?) were performing their duties, etc.?

Im sure many readers would like to know how often where You go to Use the Gadget,without being inconsiderate to other road users. coffee1.gif

In my experience the opposite is true. People that insist on not using there CC are just plain rude and are the ones that tend to slow down to a near stop to talk on the phone! They are easy to spot as they tend to drive 70 in the passing lane refusing to move out of the way (not even for ambulance!) thus forcing everyone else to pass on the left like they own the &lt;deleted&gt; road! This is when the term Jai Yen comes to mind….giggle.gif giggle.gif

• Like 1

All PPV's, except for the Everest, are now the same size.... unless you need to go down to the milliimeter level to prove yours is bigger tongue.png They all might appear different, but there's really nothing in it.

If you want big, buy an old MU-7 or Everest, or step up to a full-size American SUV like the Hummer or Benz GL :)

Edited by IMHO

All PPV's, except for the Everest, are now the same size.... unless you need to go down to the milliimeter level to prove yours is bigger tongue.png They all might appear different, but there's really nothing in it.

If you want big, buy an old MU-7 or Everest, or step up to a full-size American SUV like the Hummer or Benz GL smile.png

Resale wise far less depreciation on the Isuzu or Toyota then the Ford or Benz. Hummer is a thirsty beast…

If you want big, buy an old MU-7 or Everest, or step up to a full-size American SUV like the Hummer or Benz GL smile.png

Resale wise far less depreciation on the Isuzu or Toyota then the Ford or Benz. Hummer is a thirsty beast…

Maybe even more important is initial price :P