Thai Lion Air to launch maiden flight next month

webfact

Thai Lion Air to launch maiden flight next month
By English News

13833061392358.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 2 - Thai Lion Air, a new no-frills airline, will launch its first commercial flight this December.

Thai Lion Air (TLA) Chief Executive Captain Darsito Hendro Seputro told the media on Friday that the airline will inaugurate its first Bangkok-Jakarta flight in early December; follow by Bangkok-Kuala Lampur as well as Bangkok-Chiang Mai flights. All flights will be based at Don Mueang Airport in the Thai capital.

TLA’s Boeing 737-900ER will initially serve the Bangkok-Jakarta route, operating twice daily, followed by Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur route, operating daily and the Bangkok-Chiang Mai route, operating three times a day.

The company plans to boost its fleet from two to 50 to cater for increased route expansion to China, India and Thailand’s major tourist cities within five years.

The airline CEO said Thai Lion Air is following the low-cost model and it will offer the lowest fare all year round. He said he was confident that the airline will be able to compete with other budget airlines holding a large market share in Thailand. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-02

The first 737-900ER was rolled out of the Renton, Washington factory on August 8, 2006 for its launch customer, Lion Air. Lion Air received this aircraft on April 27, 2007 in a special dual paint scheme combining the Lion Air's logo on the vertical stabilizer and the Boeing's livery colors on the fuselage. Lion Air has orders for 166 737-900ERs as of August 2011.[1]

I've had about 6 flights on Lion Air over the past 3 years (from Denpasar to Makassar) - all have left late and most have had a last minute change on departure gate.

This may have been related to Indonesian style organization rather than the airline.

I'd happliy fly with them again, the price is cheap enough to compensate for the predictable delays.

I would never use them on a tight connection schedule though.

I think Malaysia and Lion Air have blended into Malindo for Indoneisan and Malaysian routes and that Lion have their sights on European services - once they can get their safety records consistent enough to meet requirements.

So the website had a countdown that expired over a week ago, I signed up to receive emails on prices...

The countdown on the website has been zero for over 8 days and not an email to be read. I booked Nok Air.

What's going on?

...from 1968..............or 1993.........???

(...it would still make the aircraft 20 years old.....)

....does anyone know the age of the craft......

Looks like at least one of the Thai Lion planes is straight out of the Boeing plant in Seattle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/10092647184/in/photostream/

Lion Air has so many Boeing and Airbus planes on order it will be hard to fly in an old plane.

You can bet your bottom $ that "vested interests" in Thailand will be desperately trying to delay Thai Lion's AOC (Air Operator Certificate), heaven forbid there is any extra competition.

The website had a countdown that expired over 3 weeks and also the login area is out!!!!,

I send last month an email but unfortunately any reply yet and also pretty impossible to make a call to the call center from Europe!

At least more probably that we can book online with the international credit card but we must to have a local one!

?

The website had a countdown that expired over 3 weeks and also the login area is out!!!!,

I send last month an email but unfortunately any reply yet and also pretty impossible to make a call to the call center from Europe!

At least more probably that we can book online with the international credit card but we must to have a local one!

?

They must have used the Obamacare website developers rolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel