New faces and places

shaggy1969

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the new posters for bringing back that ray of sunshine to the forum biggrin.png

To tell you the truth it has really saddened me to see what has been happening with the photo forum of late,so much so that I was going to stop posting any of my snapshots.

But you new guys and gals (and of course the old ones) have given me the inspiration to continue posting and I will endeavor to improve my photos to your high level.

(As for the ones that have taken the huff and removed all their photos,well I suppose that is your choice and as they say in Thailand....Up To You !!!

If it really upsets you that much then you know what to do.........Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya !!!)

Warm Regards

Shaggy wai.gif

• Like 2

Hey Shag,

You do not have to endeavor to anybody else's level. Speaking for myself, I can say that I enjoy your images and as long as you wish to grow in your enjoyment of photography, that is what is important. Do not try to measure yourself against others. Do what you love to do and it will show in your results. And most important, HAVE FUN!

Thank you fiddlesticks for your kind and wise words.

Although I beg to differ about not measuring myself against others.Personally, I need challenges and goals....I not only look at the photos that you guys post but also try and take in the atmosphere created in the photo.

That is why it is such a pity that Fimgirl and Watussi have removed their photos.I really spent a long time looking at their images.

Thank you also for saying that you enjoy my photos.....believe me when I say that trying to squeeze a good image out of my old digital camera can be very challenging and frustrating at times but also rewarding when

I sometimes manage to pull out a lucky shot. (SLR or DSLR are definitely in the pipeline).

Hey Shag,

You do not have to endeavor to anybody else's level. Speaking for myself, I can say that I enjoy your images and as long as you wish to grow in your enjoyment of photography, that is what is important. Do not try to measure yourself against others. Do what you love to do and it will show in your results. And most important, HAVE FUN!

Thank you fiddlesticks for your kind and wise words.

Although I beg to differ about not measuring myself against others.Personally, I need challenges and goals....I not only look at the photos that you guys post but also try and take in the atmosphere created in the photo.

That is why it is such a pity that Fimgirl and Watussi have removed their photos.I really spent a long time looking at their images.

Thank you also for saying that you enjoy my photos.....believe me when I say that trying to squeeze a good image out of my old digital camera can be very challenging and frustrating at times but also rewarding when

I sometimes manage to pull out a lucky shot. (SLR or DSLR are definitely in the pipeline).

Fimgirl's images are there for us to enjoy on his Smugmug page. I recommend you have a look. Very nice images that I enjoyed lingering over.

Shag lives down the road from me and when he's back in December he's going to be out using my gear. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going to be offline for a few days, I've really got to get on with these house renovations before the jungle literally takes over.

I do love this forum, all of you guys are great fun characters!

• Like 2

One of the things I appreciate the most is the wide knowledge of different interests which the members show on this forum.

Kan Win put a quest to see things on the photo as an challenge to attention of details and imagination.

Now if we transfer that same idea to being in the nature. Some of the members here are able to see far more things, when they are looking at the jungle, compared to most of us which is the green stuff out there.

The naturalists can see the little critters and butterflies, identify birds in a fraction of a view.. or by sound. Those are skills, which require time and passion. They can notice and identify various life forms in an second. We get the share of that knowledge when we can ask these members to identify what we just managed to photograph. That is a great way to spark people to get to know the nature better.

Few of us are reaching the stars, wondering how it would be technically possible to get an photo, which would define our little planet or galaxy as a single pixel on the sensor.

Other members are able to capture the human feelings in photograph. Creating a movie out of a single shot. Something which have past, present and the future reflected in one image.

We also have members who use great deal of time to make one photo as perfect as it can be. The Japanese tea ceremony way.

That's the richness here. Everybody see things in their own ways. Why should come before How.

I agree with most of what has been said, it's been a great forum tread, the purpose of which is to see many parts of Thailand or Thai life we might not ordinarily see... Even inspire us to see more areas of this beautiful country... which it is...thumbsup.gif

There are members, who have some fabulous photos posted, and some which are not 100% perfect, but that is OK....(I include myself in that!) we all learn as we go.... not everyone has a top of the line camera or can afford one, but which ever camera is used by members, it's nice to see that they have not been to shy to post.... just keep on posting! wink.pngthumbsup.gif

It was totally inappropriate for a member to come in and call our images, "snapshots" especially since this person does not post his own images to the forum.... We could all make links to other sites, whether it be Picasa, Flickr, Smugmug or other external link, ..... but it defeats the purpose here....

What I find more amazing is that this member was previously banned from Thai Visa (so I have learned) is now allowed back under a new name, bah.gif ... & comes in and disrupts what has been a great experience for all of us for some time now...

I came very close to deleting my images too, but with the "support" of other members here, via PM's I have not done so....

I hope the Photo forum continues to be back on track.... thumbsup.gif

enough said already! facepalm.gifLet's move on! wai2.gif

• Like 2

Hi Saggy,

(and of course the old ones)

coffee1.gif

Why are we in a bracket then?

As in Thailand we are "Pea" and the young ones are Nong.

Now that saddened me, as without "Old Ones" input 10 years ago this forum would like ................... blink.png ????????

Please if you have to give credit then give it first to the "Old Ones".thumbsup.gif like the Thais do.

For sure all of our members made this forum what it is today and we "Old Ones" welcome each and everyone back into this fourm.

I thank you for your very good post.

Sawadee Khrap wai.gif

Win facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Kan Win and FracturedRabbit have cost me a fortune. It was this pair that got me interested in photography in the first place. I remember Kan Win's photos from years back on here thinking "I wish I could do that".

Rabbit gave me lots of advice and got me interested vintage lenses and different types of digital that could be used with them and it went from there!

I came very close to deleting my images too

But you did I gave you a "like" as well. sad.png

Win

Huh? did what.... Win?

The only pics that disappeared at one point is when I tried using Google Plus some time ago, and some disappeared w00t.gif .... I soon got out of there...

I still can't understand why GP would cause that to happen..sad.png