Tisco Finance Repayment Issue

TehBen

I'm having a serious issue with Tisco over false non-payments for a car I bought in 2012.

I have made all payments on the vehicle. All payments have been made via online banking except 2, which I used 7-11 counter service.

We were first told in April 2013 that I missed a payment in October 2012. We called them and was told that it was an admin error and was no issue. Then a month later we got another letter, so we called and they said the same thing. Then a month later, another letter about the same issue, so call them again and everything is apparently sorted.

Then I was sent a letter in August for a bill of 26k, saying that I had missed 2 payments in Feb and June + fine, so I requested statements from my bank, then faxed them the details of the payments. No reply from Tisco.

I thought that this could have been the 2 payments made through 7-11, but the months dont match, so I'm not sure.

2 weeks go by (I continue paying my usual payments) and I get a call asking about my non-payments and the non-payment in October. I ask them <deleted> they are talking about and they say that these things were explained to us in April. I tell them that they are obviously mistaken, but the previous phone jockey has obviously inputted some bullshit info into their system and it is my mistake.

So I fax them the online transaction statements, and request 2 years of statements from my bank and send them the details of all of the payments made to them.

Again, no reply.

1 more month, 1 more letter detailing an increase in the fine up to 28k. Another telephone call, a different representative who claims to have just been handed the case and knows nothing about it. More faxing. And no more replies.

This month, 1 letter showing payments made and payments due, as usual, no fines, no non-payments. Happy me.

2 days later, 1 more letter; a bill for 30k.

What the hell do I have to do?!

Should I contact a lawyer?

Is there anyone here with contacts in Tisco who can help me through this rather painful experience?

Or anyone with any helpful advice?

Edited by TehBen

I'd get the wife to visit the office, if it was me, but we've never had a problem with them.

I'm not sure, but I think she pays direct to the office anyway. We were told I couldn't do a bank transfer, which I found a bit strange, but there you go...

First off never believe a thing you're told over the phone, get every persons name along the way, keep stellar records, dates, times, people spoken to etc., and after one call speak to a supervisor and follow up with requiring they send you confirmation of the problem being solved in writing and get it both electronically VIA email immediately while you're on the phone and through the mail in a hard copy..

Sorry all of this is after-the-fact but good info for future fools, erm, members who may not know better about banks and finance companies and how they operate..

As for this situation, best start gathering all your receipts, if you haven't done so already, you're going to need them, should have receipts sent to your email when making an online payment and bank records from your bank of the payments plus receipts from 7-11, if not? Well, I refer to the first paragraph then, especially this part..

Sorry all of this is after-the-fact but good info for future fools, erm, members who may not know better about banks and finance companies and how they operate..

JFYI it's modus operandi to pass on to different case workers instead of solving the problem.. Easier for them that way to avoid and keep you off balance which is why you should immediately get a single supervisor involved..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I always pay at Tesco Lotus or at the Tisco branch.

Never had a problem, though the annual statement is unclear.

Go into a branch and talk to them. Chiang Mai branch are helpful, though don't speak English.

I pay mine via internet. They send me a receipt every month. Don't you get receipts in the mail? If so, you should have proof. If all that you have in your transfer receipts from the bank then you should go back and check to make sure that you didn't mistakenly misskey the account number. Tisco wouldn't care and would credit the payment to the account if it was active.

^ How did you manage to structure such a sensible letter??? clap2.gif I'm Impressed.. Have you been playin us Ace? tongue.png

Indeed! That's a reasonable impersonation of a President or CEO - he even title-cased the right words wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Send to Head Office.. Dear Sirs thank you for your letter regarding Non Payment. Being in Finance you are well aware Time is Money. I shall look into the matter,keeping a full record of Time Taken. Should i find the error is yours,you will be charged at our Profesional Rate of 1500 Bht Per Hour, and will be deducted from our next payment.

Oh well, I looked too quickly, on second look .. sad.pngwink.png

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thanks for the replies.

We have now officially been told that the payments made through 7-11 are the problem.

We have spoken to the manager of the 7-11 in question and they are currently finding the payment receipts for us to sent to Tisco (my wife made the payments and then carried out some spring cleaning).

With any luck, it will be sorted soon. Though if I had luck in the first place, this wouldn't be a problem.