Transfering Money

I know that when you transfer money to buy a condo you specify that it is for the purchase of a condo and obtain a Tor Tor 3 from the bank.

But what happens if its for the purchase of a house in a company name, and at a later date I want to dissolve the company to buy a condo (own name) or take the money back out of Thailand do I specify its an overseas load to the company, An investment in a Thai company, For the formation of a company and still get a Tor Tor 3 or once the money is here does it have to stay here

I hope to transfer later this year, when hopefully I can get a better exchange rate

I know that when you transfer money to buy a condo you specify that it is for the purchase of a condo and obtain a Tor Tor 3 from the bank.

But what happens if its for the purchase of a house in a company name, and at a later date I want to dissolve the company to buy a condo (own name) or take the money back out of Thailand do I specify its an overseas load to the company, An investment in a Thai company, For the formation of a company and still get a Tor Tor 3 or once the money is here does it have to stay here

I hope to transfer later this year, when hopefully I can get a better exchange rate

As long as you have a decent paper trail there is not that much of a problem getting the cash out of Thailand when you sell. Have to pay taxes first of course. :o You then just have to get a Fx cert. when the money comes back in to comply with Condominium Act.

Thanks Dragonman

but when I initially transfer the money what do I put on the transfer form because the money will go into the company then the company will buy the house ie do I state house purchase?

Also does the company need a bank account or can my own account be used first, there are lots of properties for sale with a company should I buy that or is it better to form my own?

And finally I would like my g/f to have a share in the company and build some small rooms for rent on the land she owns does that make the company a trading one, would that look better at the tax office?

Thanks Dragonman

but when I initially transfer the money what do I put on the transfer form because the money will go into the company then the company will buy the house ie do I state house purchase?

Also does the company need a bank account or can my own account be used first, there are lots of properties for sale with a company should I buy that or is it better to form my own?

And finally I would like my g/f to have a share in the company and build some small rooms for rent on the land she owns does that make the company a trading one, would that look better at the tax office?

I do not believe there is anything in Company ownership regulations to say you need the money in Fx! You are of course investing in a Thai Company :o Any money should be transferred to your own account first as this will provide the basis for the paper trail when you want to get the money out.

I would think anything that makes the Company "trade" will be of benefit, however I don't like commenting much on the practicalities of Company ownership, as from choice I have never personally got involved in it. :D

Thanks Dragonman

My Lawyers Advised to put "For Investment In Thailand"

Get yourself a company bank account (Usually a company savings account) you then can easily audit from 1 place

Yes, trade if you can

Edited by jflundy

Thanks Dragonman

Get yourself a company bank account (Usually a company savings account) you then can easily audit from 1 place

Yes, trade if you can

Did your lawyer advise you why you needed a Fx certificate to invest in a Thai Company?

Thanks Dragonman

Yes, trade if you can

Did your lawyer advise you why you needed a Fx certificate to invest in a Thai Company?

What is a FX Certificate??

Thanks Dragonman

Yes, trade if you can

What is a FX Certificate??

Foreign Exchange Certificate. Used to be a Thor Tor 3.