Going rate for taxi from Hua Lamphong to Don Mueang?

Cam Khao

some taxi drivers offer you NO METER 500 BAHT. If you don't accept they will ask you " how much you pay?

To which my answer is always "meter" whilst pointing at it. Even if they then accept, they still don't get the job (unless my travel is urgent) as they have already tried to screw me over and there are 1000's of other honest taxi drivers in Bkk.

Personally, I wouldn't ever consider a taxi from HL to DM, its maybe 20bht on the train.

• Like 1

If you only have carry on luggage from hualumpong all north bound trains go to Don Muang. There is a bridge over the freeway. There probably is a train every half hour if you include the 3rd class railcars.. The cost is only a few baht.

Edited by harrry

Far as I know all trains travelling North, South, West ( and maybe even East?) pass Don Meuang. Just a matter of finding out which ones stop IIRC.

I even remember a white buffalo escaping one, getting over the highway and going berserk in the terminal. :-)

Thanks for the right answer above. I now remember that the South Bound trains go back over the river befote DM. Edited by Baan Buakao

I've used the train a couple of times when DM was the only airport. I seem to recollect it took over an hour on both occasions, and I doubt anything has changed since then. So if you go by train, allow plenty of time.

http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

gives the timetable

most are round 45 minutes

Edited by harrry

I've used the train a couple of times when DM was the only airport. I seem to recollect it took over an hour on both occasions, and I doubt anything has changed since then. So if you go by train, allow plenty of time.

http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

gives the timetable

most are round 45 minutes

Yes, I'm sure most of them are around 45 minutes according to the timetable. Like my train journey on the express to Hua Hin was, IIRC, 3 hours by the timetable. However, the actual train took 5 hours.