Six Democrat MPs, including Suthep, to resign

webfact

Six Democrat MPs, including Suthep, to resign
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Suthep Thaugsuban and five other Democrat MPs plan to announce their resignations Monday evening in order to be able to turn their full attention to leading a protest against the government, a party source said.

The five other MPs are Thavorn Senniem, Satit Wongnongtaey, Witthaya Kaewparadai, Issara Somchai, and Jumpol Jullasai.

They are expected to formally announce their resignations at 6pm as part of the stepped-up measures against the government.

The party source said Suthep decided during a party discussion Monday afternoon to resign so that he could lead the protest without worrying that his role would cause the party to be dissolved.

Initially, Suthep was to resign alone but other party members feared that this would cause the perception that Suthep had been isolated.

Initially, the party had resolved to allow Democrat MPs to resign on their own volition. However, with the party worried about the by-elections coming up in 45 days, it decided only a few could resign. Bangkok MPs would not be allowed to resign.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-11

I thought Suthep already resigned 2 weeks ago prior to the protests, or that is what was reported on here back then.

Just goes to show you can't trust a democrat party politician, Of course I expect him to be arrested immediately as he will no longer have parliamentary immunity........................................just the other sort.

• Like 2

If he does then it could be said that he is showing commitment to his beliefs.

Don't see any of the Red leaders, PT MP's doing the same.

Seems they will stay on the PT party list and rant on to the press and the red stage in an attempt to explain why they and their party wanted Abhisit and Suthep given amnesty..

• Like 1

I thought Suthep already resigned 2 weeks ago prior to the protests, or that is what was reported on here back then.

Just goes to show you can't trust a democrat party politician, Of course I expect him to be arrested immediately as he will no longer have parliamentary immunity........................................just the other sort.

If he was arrested within a very limited period of time he would have to front a judge to hear the charges against him read out and for him to be allowed to apply for bail. Given the weakness of the case, based on the assumption he was not acting as an office-holder, there is a very strong chance that the charges would be dismissed at that point.

Even PTP and yingluk/Thaksin aren't stupid enough to poke that bear. Try thinking before writing.

• Like 2

Suthep's resignation was called for by a key redshirt leader 2 weeks ago. The irony of Fabby's remark about not trusting Dems .... classic.

He won't be pestered on bogus charges while the rally is still going on.

With Suthep "resigning" will the DSI seek his detention on his murder indictment?

It will only increase the Govt's problems for the murder charges were never meant to get to court.

The defense he and Abhsit would mount would show who is really responsible.

• Like 2

RESIGN !!! They she be put in Jail to safe Thailand for further disaster. And this unvisable peoples must start to think about Thailand future and development, you can't maintain the Thai people's with dictatorship and violence

I assume you are talking about Thaksin. I don't think there are any legal grounds to send Yingluck to jail, so they both can't be jailed.

• Like 2

RESIGN !!! They she be put in Jail to safe Thailand for further disaster. And this unvisable peoples must start to think about Thailand future and development, you can't maintain the Thai people's with dictatorship and violence

And yet that is exactly what clan Shinawatra is trying to do..SURPRISE blink.png

You are right!! You can't maintain the Thai people's with dictatorship and violence and that is why Thaksin and Pheu Thai need to be taken out of the picture as they are the epitomy of what you describe!!

• Like 2

I think than he resigned as executive member of the party. So the party can't be hold responsible for him.

Indeed, with his mega billions it shouldn't be a problem at all.

just heard that Suthep called for 3 day strike

Dumb, that will hurt the wrong people mainly.

I guess our company will close for the 3 days and allow the staff to go there (as they will go there anyway, they are mostly southern people). We'll survive it.

Another Chrisswe classic.clap2.gifgiggle.gif

If he was arrested within a very limited period of time he would have to front a judge to hear the charges against him read out and for him to be allowed to apply for bail. Given the weakness of the case, based on the assumption he was not acting as an office-holder, there is a very strong chance that the charges would be dismissed at that point.

Even PTP and yingluk/Thaksin aren't stupid enough to poke that bear. Try thinking before writing.

Was that a personal insult? You may be new but it's no excuse for not knowing the rules.

and I thought only a few were reported as resigning a week or two ago. That included k. Korn and a few upcountry figures to be able to cover all regions. I don't remember having read k. Suthep did resign.

Mind you I'm sure someone will find me a pointer. thumbsup.gif

Suthep and his 8 mates resigned as MPs and he issued a plan of civil disobedience and support for the anti-government supporters to follow.

The main point was the idea of a 3-day national strike from 13-15 November, which he said should include teachers, secondary, primary and kindergarten students. I'm not sure if the kindergarten students will understand or not. biggrin.png

He also told everyone to fly their kites ... oops ... Thai flags and blow whistles at Yingluck and members of the government.

There are now some mad people in fancy dress from Silapakorn University on stage announcing their support for the 3-day strike. They are a mix of balanced speakers and people who appear to be possessed by ghosts or drugs!

Interesting days ahead.

Speaking of Yingluck, plenty going on but where's she been all day?

Suthep and his 8 mates resigned as MPs and he issued a plan of civil disobedience and support for the anti-government supporters to follow.

The main point was the idea of a 3-day national strike from 13-15 November, which he said should include teachers, secondary, primary and kindergarten students. I'm not sure if the kindergarten students will understand or not. biggrin.png

He also told everyone to fly their kites ... oops ... Thai flags and blow whistles at Yingluck and members of the government.

There are now some mad people in fancy dress from Silapakorn University on stage announcing their support for the 3-day strike. They are a mix of balanced speakers and people who appear to be possessed by ghosts or drugs!

Interesting days ahead.

Speaking of Yingluck, plenty going on but where's she been all day?

Give her a break. She's gotta go shopping, have a massage, do some more shopping, get her nails done, and plan her next holiday.

• Like 1