Russian anti-gay extremist -- ties with Thailand

jdinasia

What "ties with Thailand" ??

This is a wildly misleading title - the only apparent "tie" he has with Thailand are photos of him on a beach in Koh Chang and his having been to Thailand before (reason unknown/unspecified).

It makes little difference.

On this forum there doesn't need to be any connection to Thailand at all anyway.

Focusing more attention on the level of some of the anti-gay haters in Russia has merit.

Thanks to OP for posting the news item.

You would think Mr. LC is more upset about a trivial editorial glitch than the subject of this story! w00t.gif

Edited by Jingthing

jdinasia, in hindsight I should add that I don't have any objections to your post at all; it's just that reading your thread title I assumed (until I read the article) that he had some "ties with Thailand", possibly on an "anti-gay extremist" level, while there is no such indication in the article. Others may read it differently (and you may have meant it differently), but I wouldn't say that I have "ties" with, say, Macau, just because I have been there on holiday.

Thanks for posting the news item, anyway - at least it shows that Russia takes this sort of "nutter" seriously, that he has already been in jail for 3 years for similar offences (racist rather than homophobic), and that they have strict laws against this type of activity which they enforce.

If there's any way to spin anti-gay news from Russia that makes Putin's government look better, here is the place to find it ... facepalm.gif

Actually, there is no evidence at all that there is a pattern of aggressive enforcement against the violent haters in Russia.

Based on many reports I have read, the OPPOSITE actually.

Edited by Jingthing

The guy could be gay, and there is a psychiatric diagnosis for people who have these sorts of hatred for what, in fact, they are. Several high profile religious leaders have been caught with their penis in the most sinful of places, at least according to their preachings.

He appears to be a psychpath (and probably has other associated mental disorders -- Sadism being one). Psychopaths often kill their victims, however, but not always.

Keeping this guy out of circulation for 3 to 5 years is definitely not enough time. He's not someone you would want to meet in a bar some evening when he was in a bad mood. I don't think you'd have to be gay to see his sadistic side.