Car Parking

Pattaya28

Tonight I went to pick a friend up from Suvarnabhuma Airport.

Was unable to find the car park.

Drove around and around in circles for 1/2 hour.

Asked many officials, who were absolutely clueless as where I should go.

Sign-posting appalling.

Eventually I found the entrance to a car park.

My question is was I being brainless, or is this a common problem ?

Hard to say what happend to you, usually i go there by taxi as i don´t want to leave my car parked there for ages, so i´m also not very familiar with the sourroundings.

But i parked there twice with my own car and i could find the parking area while following the signs and with a little guessing. I recall that it wasn´t perfect but "manageable". How is it possible that the staff couldn´t direct you?!

You might have been too tired?

Minimal signage? Rubbish!

There was maybe some confusion for noobs a few months back when they closed off the upper ramp (main entrance) for both covered, short-term parking towers but even if one misses the HUGE signs on the main road coming in and follows the herd to the left and down to Arrivals, there's still good signage.

Having said that, if you do miss all the above signs, one can get on the short loop around the back of the airport hotel and the signage may be lacking but definitely it goes back up and along the rear, main entrance to the covered parking where each parking garage has a clearly marked sign and even a 'filter' lane for vehicles entering the garages.