7-11 Stamps...

LarryBird

Buy 50 baht worth of non-booze related products.. Get one stamp worth 1 baht back... Woohoo..

Now, what bothers me, is the workers sometimes don't give you the stamps your entitled too... And what do they say? 'Oh, I forgot.' Of course.

I realize it's a miniscule amount, but to be honest, that's what makes it worse. When they do this to me now, I say 'you want them, you keep them. ' (In thai..) That way they can't say 'if it wasn't about the money, then why'd you keep it.'

This just gives me a bad taste in my mouth, that this happens so frequently that they think it's ok to steal from me..

Personally I always tell them to keep the stamps, Id never accrue enough of them anyway to be able to claim something. And its just extra crap in my change pocket tongue.png

But your point is noted about not always being offered these 'scraps of paper', its similar (for me) when they always offer or give drinking straws whenever you buy any beverage. Bloody annoying when you buy beer and I always give the straws back.

Maybe this should join one of the other forums about the trivial things that piss us off??? wai.gif

Edited by CMKiwi
  • Like 1

There are also certain products that will give additional stamps if purchased as well

Also the total number if stamps that they are supposed to give shows on the register along with the amount of change they are supposed to give you, as is all done electronically in the system

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Our house has acquired 5 new blue umbrellas with these stamps.

Needless to say, the 7/11 shopping is being cut!

Yep, the Thais love these promotions. I've found that 7-11s in highly touristed areas often do not give the stamps; many tourists don't want them and some times staff wants to keep them for them selves :)

I always ask for the stamps and give them to the apartment maid or restaurant workers and they usually really appreciate them :)

• Like 1

We have acquired 3 new blue umbrellas, a beach mat or camping mattress or something and one other item. They told the g/f that demand is so high that it takes about 48 days for the items to delivered!

We have acquired 3 new blue umbrellas, a beach mat or camping mattress or something and one other item. They told the g/f that demand is so high that it takes about 48 days for the items to delivered!

That's right we had to wait a couple of times. I was in my 7/11 when the new orders came in one day, it was like an order from an umbrella factory and goodness knows what else, so they are certainly popular.

Personally I always tell them to keep the stamps, Id never accrue enough of them anyway to be able to claim something. And its just extra crap in my change pocket tongue.png

But your point is noted about not always being offered these 'scraps of paper', its similar (for me) when they always offer or give drinking straws whenever you buy any beverage. Bloody annoying when you buy beer and I always give the straws back.

Maybe this should join one of the other forums about the trivial things that piss us off??? wai.gif

I am not a germ freak but I really do not feel like using an unwrapped straw handed off by a person handling cash all day. 7-11 stamps, hardly offered, never taken.

I like to walk out of the 7-11, or look at people in line waiting, stare at my stamps and act like i'm thinking "what are these?" of course i know they are worth a baht or two.

so i then give them to someone, they are very happy, and my karma is increased.

• Like 1

The black "wet" duffle bag last year was and still is really useful....

Though I still don't know why the mrs opted for the orange beach mat last month.

God knows when that will come down from,the top of the wardrobe as its too big to carry anywhere.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

I hardly ever use 7-11 but if I ever do and I see them giving stamps to Thais but not farangs I assume that they think we don't live here and so don't need them or that maybe we are wealthy enough as to not need them, as a few guys have already suggested. What I wouldn't do is assume I'm being cheated or that the staff are stealing from me. I don't know why, but I find that assuming the best about people is always much less stressful than assuming the worst.

I know you will probably disagree, but the fact is that most of the over reactions that are posted on this forum about trivial matters are the consequence of Culture. Shock. You mentioned it being a minuscule amount yet you are prepared to make yourself look stupid and rude over something so trivial. Classic signs.

I am not a germ freak but I really do not feel like using an unwrapped straw handed off by a person handling cash all day.

Yes you are and you even took the trouble of explaining why.

Well germophobic thoughts do cross the mind although I'll use the straw anyway. I actually believe in challenging my immune system.

My wife is serious about those stamps, and insists that I ask for them if they are not forthcoming. (Embarrassing, but now the local "Seven" gives them to me automatically, maybe because they are afraid of her!) She was especially keen on the stamps that Tesco Lotus Express was giving out, because she wanted an entire set of those exquisite and tasteful Doraemon glasses. I'm so glad Tesco has dropped that promotion.

In the US in the 50's and 60's, S & H Green Stamps were a huge deal, as were Blue Chip stamps. One book got you a genuine Zippo lighter. All the gas stations and supermarkets gave those out. The greatest promo of all time was when Safeway gave out volumes of Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia. These sets were on proud display in many middle class homes.

• Like 1

My wife is serious about those stamps, and insists that I ask for them if they are not forthcoming. (Embarrassing, but now the local "Seven" gives them to me automatically, maybe because they are afraid of her!) She was especially keen on the stamps that Tesco Lotus Express was giving out, because she wanted an entire set of those exquisite and tasteful Doraemon glasses. I'm so glad Tesco has dropped that promotion.

In the US in the 50's and 60's, S & H Green Stamps were a huge deal, as were Blue Chip stamps. One book got you a genuine Zippo lighter. All the gas stations and supermarkets gave those out. The greatest promo of all time was when Safeway gave out volumes of Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia. These sets were on proud display in many middle class homes.

LOL..we got the Funk

but it was at Randall's

Green and Blue Chip stamps were great. When I was a kid we would save up and then go to the Blue Chip stamp store and order some really great stuff like high-quality tools, fishing gear, etc. Thanks for the memory. I had totally forgotten about them. Nowadays the things you get from 7-11 are pretty much cheap plastic junk made in China.

I asked my Thai wife what she thinks of a farang getting angry because he didn't get stamps at 7-11 and she kept it short.... "Stupid". The staff just laughed. I agree with both of them , it's stupid and funny. I don't mind saying that the main reason I look at this forum is to have a laugh at the stupid farangs. You couldn't invent most of this stuff.

• Like 1