Abhisit fears resurrected amnesty bill

webfact

Abhisit fears resurrected amnesty bill
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has voiced his concern about the future of the controversial amnesty bill and the unjust treatment of anti-government protesters by the police.

Commenting on a Red Shirt plan to rally between 18-20 November, Abhisit said that he is not clear about their intention. However, he is concerned about expressions of support for the amnesty bill despite the government vowing to drop the legislation on Monday.

He claimed that Red Shirts will agitate for the return of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. This, he says, raises questiona about whether the amnesty bill will be resurrected after 180 days of suspension.

Abhisit also said that the police treatment of protestors against the current government contrast with treatment of Red Shirts. There have been reports that police have been filing charges against protesters for raising national flags while being tolerant of the red flags flown by the Red Shirts.

He pointed out one case where police even assisted Red Shirt protestors by using their vehicles to transport chairs for a demonstration.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-15

• Like 1

The police are in the ptp's pocket, what else can you expect. They let the red shorts run riot last time and here they are coming down on these protesters even when the pm said they werent to do so. It would seem that big brother is paying the right people to do his bidding again, this will just keep happening, its Thailand what can you expect

Some people might not know that but during the Red shirt rallies in 2010 there were parts of Bangkok that were controlled by the reds, not the police.

• Like 2

The police are in the ptp's pocket, what else can you expect. They let the red shorts run riot last time and here they are coming down on these protesters even when the pm said they werent to do so. It would seem that big brother is paying the right people to do his bidding again, this will just keep happening, its Thailand what can you expect

Some people might not know that but during the Red shirt rallies in 2010 there were parts of Bangkok that were controlled by the reds, not the police.

Yes, that is correct - although are resident apologists (most of whom, were not in Bangkok in 2009 or 2010) will be along shortly to dispute that.

They can dispute whatever they want. I lived in the area and had to pass a few intersections with trucks standing in the middle on which a bunch of wasted red shirts were having a party. Total anarchy at that moment.

Edited by Nickymaster

My office staff told me 3 days ago that police cleared the road for a few buses with red skirts.

Perhaps if we started calling these groups red shorts, or yellow skirts we could view their antics as children in a schoolyard. Does anyone really know what they want, or is it simply to follow the masters' biddings, and to collect 200 when they pass "Go"?

Abhisit is right to be concerned about the treachery of the UDD , old habits die hard , however Abhisit is smart enough to know what these people are like and the moves that they are likely to make , nothing surprise the readers of this site about the police and their tactic's, but the return of Thaskin Shinawatra' will be nothing short of chaos , this man is the un-stabilizing of Thailand , a dark cloud will hang over Thailand for years to come.bah.gif

• Like 1

If the house is not dissolved K. Abhisit quite rightly fears that the amnesty bill will be voted rammed through in an extraordinary session probably to the minute that the 180 day waiting period expires, irrespective of the public's feeling on the matter.

correct..175 to go ...tick tock..i can only see it ending in tears..but i fear worse..how can 1 man be so selfish ...beggars belief..sad.png

HOW? 350 billion rice here another 200 billion there, a few more billions over there.

Thats how he can be so patient.

These are not numbers but peoples future!

If this bill were to surface again then I believe there would be big trouble and it would bring down the Government not straight away but the people would be back in the streets again with even more venom, the Government would have a choice of course, they could confront the protesters which would be messy and could easily get out of hand or, they could call an election, which what the protesters want. Who has the best strategists?

• Like 1

Just look at the attitude ,intellect and education of your average policeman and they have Red shirt stamped all over them.

During the Silom riots the police, at least in brown uniform, were nowhere to be seen. RTP behave more akin to a mercenary militia than a police force.

• Like 1

Yes, that is correct - although are resident apologists (most of whom, were not in Bangkok in 2009 or 2010) will be along shortly to dispute that.

word is that the resident apologists are having a hard time to find straw to hang onto these day's

If the house is not dissolved K. Abhisit quite rightly fears that the amnesty bill will be voted rammed through in an extraordinary session probably to the minute that the 180 day waiting period expires, irrespective of the public's feeling on the matter.

I think there plan is as said bring it back in 175 cay's.

in the mean time use every dirty trick they can think of to discredit the Democrats. Watch for a continual parade of trumped up charges by the PTP.sad.png

I think Abhisit is very likely correct with regards to the fear that PTP will resurrect the bill, Yingluck even said as much when she stated that it was "suspended", which is tantamount to saying they''ll wait a while.

With regards to the BIB and their double standards, no surpise really - we saw in 2009 and 2010 how they stood idle as the Red Shirts incited violence and mayhem in Bangkok. In the PTP and UDD version of democracy, only their view has any credence and anything that is against the SKYPE instructions is a threat to their version of democracy. Yay!! for The Caddy in Dubai 1zgarz5.gif

Does any intelligent person really believe the Amnesty Bill is dead and Buried ? of course not! it's merely been postponed, until the Ante Amnesty protesters have calmed down and gone home! Meanwhile the PTP Mob and Skype will be hard at work to find a chink to slip the Bill through the back door! before the Protesters have a chance to mobilise again,just like they did with,the out of hours, issue of Thaksin's new Passport.

They can dispute whatever they want. I lived in the area and had to pass a few intersections with trucks standing in the middle on which a bunch of wasted red shirts were having a party. Total anarchy at that moment.

I particularly enjoyed the tire bonfires by my home at the time too. I wanted to roast marshmallows, but figured that they wouldn't be edible. Honestly, I was more concerned about being shot or attacked if I went anywhere near there. Not the bravest of souls I'm afraid.