what now the honeymoon over

roadking96cube

I started a thread awhile back of my marrige to a thai lady gone sour.Also do I now withdraw my sponsership of her. I have withdrawn my sponsership by writting a letter to immigration about four weeks later I get a letter back stating they confirm that I withdraw my sponsership.Then goes on to say that seeing that I am no longer party to the application I will not find out if she will be allowed to stay or get sent back to Thailand.She has moved in with another thai lady and her boyfriend and son and I have been told by people in the know that her boyfriend is now sponsering her. Does anybody know how long it takes for immigration to make a decision to send her home if thats the case.It has now been about 2 months since I withdrew my sponsership and she is still in the country do I take it she is allowed to stay or to early to tell yet.Also the story of how we met was a complete fabrication to the real way we met but I fear if I told immigration the real story 1 Mabye I could get into trouble 2 They would treat it as a case of sour grapes. Any comments appreciated in advance.

You have a claim on the house in Thailand surely. Even though it was bought in her name she has to declared to the land office she is married. A good lawyer will help you as it can be proved the funds came from your bank account.

There's a new house in Thailand full of every appliance thought of, house and appliances bought by me.Plus have to wait 12 months for a divorce and you say move on

I can feel some pain in your posts but the answers so far have been trying to help.

No, of course not easy but think they were posted with good intentions.

I can only wish you Good Luck, no consolation , sorry.

You can only do the best you can, Jay Sata`s post might be worth following through on.

chin up, look forward , not backward.

Sad to read really.

• Like 1

You have a claim on the house in Thailand surely. Even though it was bought in her name she has to declared to the land office she is married. A good lawyer will help you as it can be proved the funds came from your bank account.

Good advice and worth considering, but keep in mind that most lawyers will charge a fair bit and it will cost to start legal proceedings, and they can drag on for years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not so sure about having a claim on any property.

When we bought our house in Thailand I had to sign a piece of paper saying to the effect that it was the wife's money used to buy the property and I had no financial interest in the property whatsoever.

But a competent Thai lawyer should be able to clarify.

There's a new house in Thailand full of every appliance thought of, house and appliances bought by me.Plus have to wait 12 months for a divorce and you say move on

Move on chap.

Its happened many times before.

No doubt it will happen again and again.

You took the gamble.

Then you are angry you lost.

Hardly a visa issue though.

• Like 1

This is a visa sub-forum.

You asked what you should do (if anything) once you informed DIAC you withdrew

your sponsorship. You received your answers.

You asked about the house previously and was given advice.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/671839-marrige-to-thai-in-australia-goes-sour-now-what-do-i-do/#entry6881140

Edited by Will27

When we bought our house in Thailand I had to sign a piece of paper saying to the effect that it was the wife's money used to buy the property and I had no financial interest in the property whatsoever.

AFAIK, this described above is the normal procedure required at the amphur office when a married couple (1 farang, 1 Thai) go for the purchase of some property in the wife's name.

Many foreigners get a fair 50/50 split on property bought after the marriage, in her name as well. Don't be put off by the pessimists. Move on by all means but not until you have things sorted, it can be done. Don't forget to change the locks on your house at home!

her mothers land and i paid cash money 4 installments on the house.I dont really care about the house Im going back to empty the contents though. My original question does anybody know what time frame imigration has if sending her home.I would like to know if she has to go or if she stays simple as that.I live 1000 klms from her now but would like to know either way.

her mothers land and i paid cash money 4 installments on the house.I dont really care about the house Im going back to empty the contents though. My original question does anybody know what time frame imigration has if sending her home.I would like to know if she has to go or if she stays simple as that.I live 1000 klms from her now but would like to know either way.

Never read your other thread but you say you paid for the house.

What did you pay ?? Can't have been lees than around 1.5-2 mil surely !

You aren't worried about that but you want your toaster and washing machine ??

Feel for you my friend but your priorities are a little confusing...

• Like 2

Incorrect advice.

You do have a claim on the Thai property and a good lawyer will get you most of your money back. She may own the land but you funded construction.

I'd do a deal where the lawyer gets maybe 10-15% of what he recovers.

Don't pay upfront.

It's not uncommon for the other party to be given a bridging visa E for one month to depart the country.

However, there is no set time frame as each case differs. She might've gone up the "domestic violence"

route or she may have applied for something else.

You would want to make sure the contents of the house are worth the effort of trying to reclaim, and you're not

doing it because you've been burnt. Say the contents are worth $30 000 Aus and say you're entitled to half.

Then you will more than likely have to get legal advice and then there's flights

and accommodation etc for what amount to maybe $5000.

Only you can decide if it's really worth it and that you're not doing it because you're still angry and hurt.

• Like 1

Incorrect advice.

As can be seen, my advice is to talk to a competent Thai lawyer.

Why do you say that is incorrect advice?

• Like 1