Mail Deliveries Around Chiang Mai?

PostmanPat

Has anyone else experienced problems with mail not arriving? It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and my two sons and sister in the UK posted birthday cards to me, but strangely, despite being posted three to four weeks ago not one has arrived at my home. I m not really concerned about birthday greetings, but I am supposed to receive quite a few other documents, bank statements, etc etc and am a bit worried as I wouldnt want them to go missing.

Even allowing for the obvious point that they could have gone missing in the UK postal system (unlikely from past experience) am wondering if anything like this has happened recently to anyone else?

No problem at all ,in fact very pleased with Thai postal service,for

the last few months I have received quite a few parcels from my

daughter in UK, arrived from 5-10 days after posted,also parcels

from H.K. Singapore,no problem.

It might be that birthday cards are easily recognizable by the

envelope ,and it is known birthday cards can contain money,

10 quid from granny for nephew,,so really those envelopes

will be targeted,if you don't receive at all most likely gone

missing in your home country, if its been tampered with and

money missing most likely to have happen here,have had a few

of those from abroad and while posting money inside Thailand,

to the wifes mother,she always got the letters but money gone.

Just my theory,based on what has happened to me,but sure

someone will come along and say it does not happen like that.

this been TV Chiang Mai

regards worgeordie

I have been having trouble receiving mail for the months of August until a week ago. Two packages came but the first one was 10 days late. It was from iHerb which every one said was a 10 day thing mine was 21. Then I had another one from them on time only 7 baht short on the postage. I also have just received a credit card from Seattle. But I had my sister send it registered mail from the states. Cost of $16

I had an envelope and several post cards from my sister in Seattle not show up and two small packages from my ex in Canada not show up.

I usually experience 10-15 days, for delivery of letters to rural Mae-Jo, from the UK. Perhaps 10% goes astray somewhere along the way ?

That said, I have also known post (airmail !) take up-to 9 months, and to have come via Lebanon or Taiwan ! blink.png

Usually takes about a week, in the opposite direction.

But parcels are a different, and one suspects more-tempting, matter. My sister posted some haemoroid-cream to my wife once, it never arrived, but we still chuckle at the thought that some postman's wife is wondering why the new face-cream her husband gave her, makes her cheeks go numb ! laugh.png

• Like 1

I have been having trouble receiving mail for the months of August until a week ago. Two packages came but the first one was 10 days late. It was from iHerb which every one said was a 10 day thing mine was 21. Then I had another one from them on time only 7 baht short on the postage. I also have just received a credit card from Seattle. But I had my sister send it registered mail from the states. Cost of $16

I had an envelope and several post cards from my sister in Seattle not show up and two small packages from my ex in Canada not show up.

Hellodolly, The 7 Bht you paid was not short postage,its a charge by the PO for delivering

the parcel (international only and why I don't know ), thats why I keep a ziploc bag with 5

and 1 bht coins in near the gate,be prepared.

I would also advise anyone to request people sending them mail to print the name and address

in block capitals,it makes it a lot easier for the postman and gives an increased chance your

mail will be delivered.

relax Countryman

Hellodolly, The 7 Bht you paid was not short postage,its a charge by the PO for delivering

the parcel (international only and why I don't know ), thats why I keep a ziploc bag with 5

and 1 bht coins in near the gate,be prepared.

I would also advise anyone to request people sending them mail to print the name and address

in block capitals,it makes it a lot easier for the postman and gives an increased chance your

mail will be delivered.

relax Countryman

Sending your address by email in Thai, that can be copied and taped on as a label any time, helps.

Never had anything go missing.....delayed but not missing.

• Like 1

iHerb was often about 3 weeks unless you pay extra for some fast method.

Quick question Dante, ever had a problem receiving from iHerb?

No, never had a problem or duty/tax but it has been about a year since my last experience, prior to that it was a few times a year, smaller packages, about 6-8 bottles a time. I think they bulk ship to BKK or some other location in SEA and the packages are mailed from there, an economical way to do it and the way my last shipments arrived. They are good and if they were having issues with deliveries I think the information would be on their website.

No, never had a problem or duty/tax but it has been about a year since my last experience, prior to that it was a few times a year, smaller packages, about 6-8 bottles a time. I think they bulk ship to BKK or some other location in SEA and the packages are mailed from there, an economical way to do it and the way my last shipments arrived. They are good and if they were having issues with deliveries I think the information would be on their website.

Thank you smile.png

I've been waiting for a small parcel coming via 1st class mail from the US. It's been three weeks already, and nothing has shown up. I'm also awaiting a small parcel from China that is two weeks overdue.

Three weeks is not long for a parcel. Around 4 weeks I would write it off.

Am considering getting a post office box, tho' I am far from a post office.

Figure this would cut out a few steps for the mailpersons. Yet my problem may simply have to do with the fact that i live in a large aparment complex, and the mail is put into not-so-private boxes (no cover, open to anyone). by yet some more sets of hands, not employed by the PO.

I too, have been having problems receiving post over the last two months or so. It has been taking 3 weeks minimum to get both letters and parcels from Europe and the USA. A small parcel I am expecting from China is now at the 4 week stage, a package from the Philippines, 3 weeks, etc. I wonder what is going on? For at least 6 months the post was very quick - often packages from Europe would come in 5 days. I should point out that I have not had a single problem over the last few months sending post. Everything has arrived.