Which is your favorite French cuisine restaurant in reasonable price in CM?

jiangaq

Le Bistrot

Whereabouts is this place?

It's on the same street as AIS off of Loi Khro Rd. Real French Bistrot, I don't even look at menu just tell Chef my mood and he serves me something reminiscent of my time in Paris. Not gourmet but right on leaving one feeling like one should after dining. Love a simple ham and cheese or a cassoutle if I'm feeling like something big. Meats cooked to correct temps, dressing emulsified, food seasoned! And they offer so many things, if you like foie gras it's a must try, I take home some for the GF too. Table cloths, glassware and a basket of French bread. etc, basically a real restaurant with real food at the right price. It's my to go place now and seem to end up there weekly and always happy I did licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Le Bistrot

It's on the same street as AIS off of Loi Khro Rd. Real French Bistrot, I don't even look at menu just tell Chef my mood and he serves me something reminiscent of my time in Paris. Not gourmet but right on leaving one feeling like one should after dining. Love a simple ham and cheese or a cassoutle if I'm feeling like something big. Meats cooked to correct temps, dressing emulsified, food seasoned! And they offer so many things, if you like foie gras it's a must try, I take home some for the GF too. Table cloths, glassware and a basket of French bread. etc, basically a real restaurant with real food at the right price. It's my to go place now and seem to end up there weekly and always happy I did licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

I've been there and thought it was OK, but it had a bad vibe as the restaurateur is a mate of the building owner and is only there because the owner forced out Billy's Restaurant, by hiking the rent. Don't think I'll go again.

• Like 2

Le Lapin, just across the Narawat bridge is quite nice and reasonably priced. Its fairly French, but owned by Thais who have a reasonable idea of how to cook French food. Le Terrasse is another decent mid range option on Loi Kroh Rd. Franco-Thai place in the back sois in Chang Pueak behind the computer plaza does some good dishes at very reasonable prices. Chez Marco is a great place, but not the only place!!

Le Bistrot

I've been there and thought it was OK, but it had a bad vibe as the restaurateur is a mate of the building owner and is only there because the owner forced out Billy's Restaurant, by hiking the rent. Don't think I'll go again.

Don't know the politics but it has a French feeling with mainly French clientel (I've never seen another non-frog there (( post-4641-1156693976.gif.pagespeed.ce.Jg for me)) besides myself and my Thai GF who also loves it) so perhaps not for one who is looking for a gentle and polite experience but always very friendly and warm. My first time there the owner bought me a drink, refilled my plate with side dishes and sent me home with a bag of potatoes for me to cook at home all at no charge and told me to bring the kids next time and he'll make them pasta for free, and I don't' even speak French! Maybe his abrupt attitude made the meal even more authentic. I do see how some people would think it's only ok as it would be helpful to understand what they are doing culinarily to love it. Please don't interpret this as me being a snob as I don't fully appreciate many things I'm not well versed in but having being classically trained in French method cooking and cooked in a similar establishment in Paris for me it's really good and I'm so glad someone here on TV once mentioned it and I found this gem.

Le Lapin, just across the Narawat bridge is quite nice and reasonably priced. Its fairly French, but owned by Thais who have a reasonable idea of how to cook French food. Le Terrasse is another decent mid range option on Loi Kroh Rd. Franco-Thai place in the back sois in Chang Pueak behind the computer plaza does some good dishes at very reasonable prices. Chez Marco is a great place, but not the only place!!

I totally agree with you opinion of La Lapin and also go there as the owners take pride in their work and put out some decent product. Aslo Le Terrasse can cook meat correctly and serves a decent plate of food. On the other hand Franco-Thai doesn't do any of these things and Chez Marco is good but not the kind of French food I'm looking for when I need to get my fix.