The most romantic spot in Pattaya ?

thairookie

Based on my limited experience with Pattaya, I'd have to give my vote to Bali Hai, the sea view restaurant at the end of Walking Street, right opposite Siam Bayshore Hotel.

I passed by the alfresco restaurant a couple of times, and most of the time, if not all the time, the restaurant would be vacant.

Has anyone here patronised Bali Hai restaurant ? The buffet is priced 800 baht or so.

Without the food requirement, the park on the hill is well maintained and there are many secluded spots where one can have a romantic interlude. One mate even proposed there and she did in fact say "yes, I love you too". You do need a motorcycle to get there. Options with seaviews or the bay are there. These days it's cool at night with the breeze and slightly lower temps..

I'd say some of the nicer hotels in North Pattaya / Wong Amat / Naklua, or seaside restaurants further North from that.

I'm speaking as a tourist here, so something with a sea view yet fairly quiet would be my number one requirement. So that pretty much means the Northern end; Jomtien you tend to have a road in between, except all the way at the end and I don't really care for that place too much. Also the North Pattaya places are a bit fancier though you can find somewhat affordable options too.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Without the food requirement, the park on the hill is well maintained and there are many secluded spots where one can have a romantic interlude. One mate even proposed there and she did in fact say "yes, I love you too". You do need a motorcycle to get there. Options with seaviews or the bay are there. These days it's cool at night with the breeze and slightly lower temps..

'one mate' you mean that it was you..

'one mate' you mean that it was you..

Are you trying to imply it was me, I go there alone, and propose to myself, all for some sort of glee or self gratification others often mention that, I didn't have to "pay for it"? I was taking the OP as serious and suggesting a very romantic setting here in Pattaya away from all the smut and disgusting pimps and prostitutes and chain smoking "customers" of same. There are some moments and places others like myself and the OP might like to share and learn about. Our lives aren't a bar and ladyboys.

Personally I wouldn't pay tuppence for romance but the 800B buffet at Bali Hai is potentially of some interest. And if the view is nice, so much the better. (Just as long as they dont have ambulant gypsy violinists.)

Anyone tried it? Is it every day? Lunchtime or evening? The theme/style?

Personally I wouldn't pay tuppence for romance but the 800B buffet at Bali Hai is potentially of some interest. And if the view is nice, so much the better. (Just as long as they dont have ambulant gypsy violinists.)

Anyone tried it? Is it every day? Lunchtime or evening? The theme/style?

There are a couple of tripadvisor reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d2562145-Reviews-Bali_Hai_Sunset-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

It's dining alfresco, so I really don't think it's available during lunch time. Neither is the entire stretch of Walking Street open during lunch time.

What is "gypsy violinists" ?

Edited by thairookie

There are a couple of tripadvisor reviews:

Yes. I'm afraid my opinion of the quality of TripAdvisor reviews is not high. I sometimes suspect that the people who post those reviews actually live on another planet altogether.

It's dining alfresco, so I really don't think it's available during lunch time. Neither is the entire stretch of Walking Street open during lunch time.

True, but the Hilton lunchtime buffet is open every day, with outdoor seating for those who want it (I don't).

What is "gypsy violinists" ?

Probably the last thing I could possibly want to experience when I am eating. How could any romantic not know what they are? bah.gif

http://goo.gl/TGjSoO

Walking street, whatever your heart desires is right there.

Some people are very easily pleased.

WS contains absolutely nothing of the slightest interest to me and I dont really understand why anyone goes there. Surely not for romance in any event.

The sunsets, views and atmosphere at Cabbages and Condoms are quite pleasant. Romantic?... I guess that depends on who you are with.

C and C:

cabbages%20and%20condoms%20bangkok.jpg

That's actually the Bangkok Suk soi 12 location, nice little oasis in the town.

If you want to check out C&C Pattaya , there are some pics on their homepage.

I find Soi 6 very romantic for a hansum man like me

I had my first sexual experience in Thailand down in soi 6.

Buggered if I can recall her name.......

I had mine at the Jade bar after 12 months of forced celibacy( failed marriage) Som was her name she nearly killed me it was great

\People looking for romance don't go to Pattaya.

However, if your unfortunate to be in Pattaya and looking to create a romance then try a sunset cruise.

Its easy to organize with a boat-man sitting on the beach or pier. I had motored over to Pattaya with a girl from Uni last month. Since she is 16 years none of the nightclubs will allow us in & we wanted to do something special. So we paid this boatman to take us out on a 2 hours private trip. We carried some drinks & stuff to eat. Left at 4.30 p.m. and got back about 6.30 p.m. A smaller craft (in our case jet-ski) is used to take you to the slightly bigger boat anchored off Beach Road. Apart from the views, sea breeze, smell of salt water, sunset, sounds of water - it was nice being alone on an entire boat and able to do ones own thing smack under the open skies.