How much to pay for reading glasses?

funlovinkid

I already have a pair of reading glasses, and the frames are fine, I just want to replace the lenses - but I don't have a simple prescription. I have serious astigmatism, and I'm willing to pay for decent quality lenses, with anti-reflective coating and scratch resistance. But I would like to avoid getting ripped off! w00t.gif Any idea what a fair price should be for something like this?

Many thanks for any feedback!

funlovinkid,

Just go to Rutnin Eye Hospital and see their optician and you'll receive excellent care and will not get ripped off. If you're worried about price, just purchase a reading glasses from street vendors on Sukhumvit, only cost 100b per pair of reading glasses!

I wear contacts but need reading glasses too. Perfectly good ones for 200 baht can be found in most shopping centres. The brand you want is LONG - I bought some yesterday. They have new styles which are stronger than previously

You got ripped off I only paid 100baht for my reading glassessmile.png .

There so cheap here do you really need -with anti-reflective coating and scratch resistance- ?

​Had my eyes tested last month, was going to have lenses only but got new frames as well... Just lenses for the pair cost 600 baht, + Bi-Focal a pair 1,000 baht, + Very- Focal cost 3,000 baht.. coatings are expensive around 1,000 baht each type

new frames cost from 300 baht.. I bought one of the most expensive frames cost 1,800 baht for out door/driving etc..

So just for reading glasses, I have a pair for indoor/home use... eye test, new frames and glasses cost 900 baht.. at this price cannot see the point to have scratch resistance as for the price can have a new pair in 6 months.

30 baht in Chinatown ! , I buy them at the Dollar store at Home

and I have heard of people buying 2 sets , one +125 and the other +225 and switching lenses

I have dozens of the cheap ones all around the place, if you grew up with glasses you probably take care of them ,

but since mine are only for reading I just use them up or sit on them :(

but then again I should probably get a "real" pair and see if there is much change compared to the 30 baht ones !

Top chareon are doing 50% off at the moment and just bought a pair with frames for 1100 - I have complicated prescription too, not scratch resistant though.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app