Petrol type for Honda CBR250R?

WingNut

I am sure this topic has been discussed many times on TV and I am sorry for the potentially repetitive question here.

At present I am using either Caltex or PTT Benzine 95. It is expensive petrol compared to the other options, but it is now the only pure benzine left that is available in Thailand.

I am wondering if any of the other cheaper forms of petrol are OK to use with my bike? I had heard that all these gasohol type and other forms of blended petrol are sticky and will stuff up your engine eventually.

I am not sure if that is true or not. But if there is an cheaper petrol options available that are safe to use with my bike that would be great.

Also, finding a Caltex or PTT station isn't always convenient. So if I can use some of the other petrol stations that would be great too.

Any advice will be much appreciated as always.

i use shell v power nitro 95 as well, pretty good petrol and cleans injectors what i heard. but little expensive at 41 thb per liter but wort every baht for me.

But for cbr250, you can even use cheap E20 type fuels or 91 gasohol. I know people using these type of fuels and they have no problems.

I use PT 95 in mine. I found I get better mileage and the bike seems to run smoother than when I use PTT. Caltex also is okay but I go the extra few kilometres to fill up with PT fuel.

I'll top up on Shell V-Power next time and see how it goes.

i got a crf250l (same engine ?) and for about 4500 km have been using 91 gasohol with no probs... i work overseas so would be left sitting for maybe 6 weeks but always starts first time.... i use it mainly for off-road trails and drive it mostly fast as i can so 91 is ok with me as more expensive petrol is not going to solve any 'lack of talent issues i have' rolleyes.gif

on the other hand, i have zx6r & gsxr k7 and wouldn't dream of letting gasohol near them..

Anyway, if you are using it for commuting or fun, i think 91 gasohol is fine.. big difference in price over a year !

Edited by dec

u can safely use gasohol 95 but if storing the bike fill it with pure 95 benzine the yellow pump as gasohol leaves nasty deposits in the fuel system .i use 95 gasohol in my old ducati 3 tanks gasohol and one tank pure 95 benzine to flush the system out ,, Caltex is very good for both fuels as they add techron additives , PTT is OK as well but shell dont sell benzine but Vpower is excellent gasohol fuel.