drivers liscence test and change of owenership.

chiangrai

Hi,

I am now on a marriage visa and want to change the name on my green book for my motorbike.

Is this possible in Chiang Rai,if so, how and where.

Also while I'm in town I will try to get a drivers license too.

Is this possible on a marriage visa in Chiang Rai.

If so .....where and is the written test multiple choice questions on a computer like Chiang Mai.

Lastly is there a website where you study the written test before you go.

All,help much appreciated.

To action name change in book and apply for Thai licence the type of visa is not important. All you need is a certificate of residence from immigration. Or a Work Permit, or yellow tabian baan. You will need original certificate for each action, if you are lucky you might speak to a helpful transport department official who might endorse a copy of the certificate on inspection of the original.

Thanks,

So what do I need to get a certificate of residency from immigration.

And does effect my residency in my own country.

Do I have to go to Mai Sai for immigration and the Department of Transport,that big building near the airport,where the vehicle testing is done.Is that where I go for the drivers license test and the change of ownership.

Also has anybody done the test there,is the written part done on a computer.

And I'm still looking for a website to practice on.

Thanks

Do I have to go to Mai Sai for immigration and the Department of Transport,that big building near the airport,where the vehicle testing is done.Is that where I go for the drivers license test and the change of ownership.

Also has anybody done the test there,is the written part done on a computer.

And I'm still looking for a website to practice on.

Thanks

Get your res cert from the once a month immigration visit at Central.

Office near airport for test which is computerised ... iirc there are a couple of practise

computers in the waiting area.

Where can one do the change of ownership in Chiang Rai?

In Chiang Mai there is a main office in Nong Hoi where it can be done all at once, and also satellite centers around town where you give your paperwork, they go to Nong Hoi, and you return to pick up the completed papers.

Regardless of how much planning one does, there is no guarantee you can get everything done on a given day. It is sometimes necessary to come back another day, due to time constraints or a variety of other things which can go wrong.

The process is not all that difficult, however, as exemplified by the variety and number of individuals who pass through the system daily.

Department of Transportation should be able to take care of change of ownership.