Deposit increased from 500,000 to 800,000?

Just got word from school my son goes to and by which I got my O 90 day Visa, now have to deposit 800,000 THB for 30 days before qualifying for extension,

I am just putting that out there as would be very new, I have 2 weeks before have to put in the deposit but now having to move a bunch more money in than expected.

Anybody hearing anything out there?

I will updated as I get confirmation

• Like 1

There have been no reports of any change. It would have to be done with a new police order and that has not happened.

The 800k number is for retirement extensions perhaps a mix up somewhere.

You should check with immigration yourself instead of relying on the school for info.

• Like 1

Yes, i can confirm 500,000 as well, person had attributed the new number to a trusted person but was of course just their own scew-up, so yes still 500,000. We had gotten caught out LAST year when the on second year need deposit to sit for 3 months so I figured it could have gone either way.

Thanks and apologies if this started any kind of rumor.

Don't listen to the school. Contact the immigration office where you get your extension to confirm the amount required. It hasn't officially increased to 800000 baht but each office seems to have there own rules and at times anything goes. Unfortunately the immigration officer that does your extension has the last say so it's best to know in advance.

Don't listen to the school.  Contact the immigration office where you get your extension to confirm the amount required.  It hasn't officially increased to 800000 baht but each office seems to have there own rules and at times anything goes.   Unfortunately the immigration officer that does your extension has the last say so it's best to know in advance. 

I don' think you read the previous post before yours.