Fuel adjustment charge?

Always there?

Never heard of it before, and just been asked to pay for Sept - Dec. First time I have ever been billed for it, hence the question. Can anyone please tell me what the rate is at the moment as am not in Thailand at moment?

Thanks

Always there?

Never heard of it before, and just been asked to pay for Sept - Dec. First time I have ever been billed for it, hence the question. Can anyone please tell me what the rate is at the moment as am not in Thailand at moment?

Thanks

Get the person to e-mail you a copy of the bill you will see it then, also you pay VAT 7% if you didn't know.

All electric bills have fuel adjustment charge and 7% VAT added. I just paid mine. I used 718 KWH

Basic rate 3.68 baht/KWH - 718 x 3.68 = 2622.24

Fuel surcharge 0.54baht/KWH - 718 x 0.54 = 387.72

Subtotal 3009.96

VAT 7% 210.70

Total 3220.66

The fuel surcharge rate is updated every three or four months. The basic rate varies depending on the number of KWH you use. Use less and the rate is less.

All electric bills have fuel adjustment charge and 7% VAT added. I just paid mine. I used 718 KWH

Basic rate 3.68 baht/KWH - 718 x 3.68 = 2622.24

Fuel surcharge 0.54baht/KWH - 718 x 0.54 = 387.72

Subtotal 3009.96

VAT 7% 210.70

Total 3220.66

The fuel surcharge rate is updated every three or four months. The basic rate varies depending on the number of KWH you use. Use less and the rate is less.

Wow, that's a lot of money just for one month.

Are you running any Tesla experiments from your home? biggrin.png

Two houses, one meter, two water pumps, four fridges, no air conditioners, just fans. Total area about 420 square meters. If I turn on the air for any period of time it would double. The air hasn't been on in over 3 years, not because of the cost but because I just don't like the way Thais, my wife, uses it.

The rate that I pay is the PEA rate, many pay much more as part of the rental agreement so be careful! I've heard ridiculous charges as high as 20 baht/KWH. If you name is not on the electric bill you're liable for whatever you agreed to in the contract!