Extra 'ft' Fees On The Electric Bill....

4evermaat

The electric meter was read and the meter guy was explaining to my wife that the 'ft' has increased. Of course the gf and her shyness did not ask the guy what exactly 'ft' means. 'Ft' is the extra amount that is charged after the base 3.6 baht / unit is charged and is added to the subtotal, but before VAT. Anyone know what the 'ft' fee is for and how it is determined?

I can scan in a copy of the electric bill if needed.

I'm thinking its just another tax, but i'm not sure.

Yes ft, fuel tariff, has gone up again this month, for me, from 0.48 to 0.5204/ kWh with PEA.

It's based on the cost of fuels, if there is an exact formula I do not know it. Suspect it goes up when some minister has a balloon payment to make on one of his Mercs.

• Like 1

The Fuel Adjustment Charge or Ft is adjusted every 4 months by the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand www.erc.or.th. All of the information and data on which the decision is based is posted on the ERC website for consultation (in Thai). Since July 2011 the 4 monthly adjustments have not increased to reflect the real cost of changes in fuel costs and EGAT has been shouldering the burden of the difference. ERC anticipates a reduction in gas prices from next year and expect the Ft to be reduced to reflect this.

The base tariff was set in July 2011 for a 2 year period and is currently under review by a team headed by Thammasat University.

The price setting power plant in Thailand is the gas fired plant, particularly Ratchaburi, so water levels don't really affect the power prices. The way EGAT handles dispatch at the moment means that there is little difference between off peak and peak prices. Having better pricing signals would encourage energy efficiency programs so ERC is working on this issue at the moment.

Please do post a scan, but I suspect it's the fuel surcharge.

I think Fuel Tarriff it is, and based on the replies that people have said, it did rise to 52 satang. Didn't notice too much of a change in the bill.

I always thought it was just extra fee if you went over a certain minimum amount of kWh's. So now I know.

post-109486-0-37934100-1358734337_thumb.

I think Fuel Tarriff it is, and based on the replies that people have said, it did rise to 52 satang. Didn't notice too much of a change in the bill.

Yes. I just got my bill and the FT did jump about that amount relative to the previous months.

The Fuel Adjustment Charge or Ft is adjusted every 4 months by the Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand www.erc.or.th. All of the information and data on which the decision is based is posted on the ERC website for consultation (in Thai). Since July 2011 the 4 monthly adjustments have not increased to reflect the real cost of changes in fuel costs and EGAT has been shouldering the burden of the difference. ERC anticipates a reduction in gas prices from next year and expect the Ft to be reduced to reflect this.

The base tariff was set in July 2011 for a 2 year period and is currently under review by a team headed by Thammasat University.

The price setting power plant in Thailand is the gas fired plant, particularly Ratchaburi, so water levels don't really affect the power prices. The way EGAT handles dispatch at the moment means that there is little difference between off peak and peak prices. Having better pricing signals would encourage energy efficiency programs so ERC is working on this issue at the moment.

So it is all transparent and above board!

How boring!

Boy, that ft tariff sure bounces around a lot!

My current bill matches the scanned one above (0.5204).

Last year (2012) it ranged from 0.0000 to 0.4800.

The previous year, however, it was all over the place: for 03/2554 and 04/2554 it was 0.8688 then for 06/2554 it reached a peak 0.9581, followed the next month (07/2554) at -0.0600 ... a negative amount ... where it remained for the remainder of the year.