Crime in Bangkok is bad now.

Helios

This is a warning to all in the Bangkok area. I have witnessed 4 muggings in the past 5 days in which I was one of the victims. PLEASE PLEASE tell all your friends and family and always keep your phones and valuable goods out of sight. I have been here three years and I have never seen it this bad. The suspects don't have any limits to which area. It's spreading badly. Area I was attached was next to the Central Bangna Mall. Take taxis, motorbikes and etc! Walking at night is not safe anymore....

I have been walking around Bangkok for years, and always felt safe, I have been all around Sukhumvit, Chinatown, Kaosan Road etc, but never after around 23.00 Hrs, I don't know about the area you mention, but I have to say I am surprised to hear this, but you will get crime in any big city in the world, around what time did these incidents happen?

• Like 1

I have been walking around Bangkok for years, and always felt safe, I have been all around Sukhumvit, Chinatown, Kaosan Road etc, but never after around 23.00 Hrs, I don't know about the area you mention, but I have to say I am surprised to hear this, but you will get crime in any big city in the world, around what time did these incidents happen?

My incident happened in Bang Na, The girl in On Nut, the others in Thong Lor. Happened in day light. Also, a restaurant owner who I am close to has just now told me that 6 men attempted to kidnap him on Tuesday through where they try and lure you through a legal scam to their car. I was told that this due to the strain of police in Bangkok due to the protests.

• Like 1

My incident happened in Bang Na, The girl in On Nut, the others in Thong Lor. Happened in day light. Also, a restaurant owner who I am close to has just now told me that 6 men attempted to kidnap him on Tuesday through where they try and lure you through a legal scam to their car. I was told that this due to the strain of police in Bangkok due to the protests.

Perhaps OP you could elaborate more on where the muggings took place and also if you witnessed them did you attempt to help them? Was it on a busy street?

Plenty of bag snatching and pick pocketing, Police don't seem to record it always. Know a bloke who had 18k lifted at chatuchak last week when told they cops they said it happens every day there. Not many Thais wear gold like they used to for good reason!!

6 muggings in few days? are you sure you dont live in pattaya?

Been to Pattaya many times and never been so much as threatened, much less mugged. At the height of the Red Shirt madness in 2010 and the floods in 2011, many in Bangkok - including wealthy Thais - saw Pattaya in a whole new light.

If you want a dangerous city, try Sydney.

• Like 1

Been to Pattaya many times and never been so much as threatened, much less mugged. At the height of the Red Shirt madness in 2010 and the floods in 2011, many in Bangkok - including wealthy Thais - saw Pattaya in a whole new light.

If you want a dangerous city, try Sydney.

Sydney ? Christ, probably see more crime in one night in London than Sydney gets in a year, ( even muggers don't feel safe in some parts), you want a wake up call try Philadelphia, I did, very briefly smile.png

Edited by roamer

OP is right about crime in Thong Lor. Just yesterday I witnessed FOUR armed robberies, TWO beheadings, SIX brutal hammer attacks and I myself was the victim of an incident with a transsexual that can only be described as "quite wrong".

Next time you're being done "quite wrong".... call us for help... we wanna watch! w00t.gif

This is a warning to all in the Bangkok area. I have witnessed 4 muggings in the past 5 days in which I was one of the victims. PLEASE PLEASE tell all your friends and family and always keep your phones and valuable goods out of sight. I have been here three years and I have never seen it this bad. The suspects don't have any limits to which area. It's spreading badly. Area I was attached was next to the Central Bangna Mall. Take taxis, motorbikes and etc! Walking at night is not safe anymore....

Best send your stories to CNN and BBC so the word can get out and be further attributed to the current political landscape!

Pack your bags boys and girls! It's no longer safe!

:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At the height of the Red Shirt madness in 2010 and the floods in 2011, many in Bangkok - including wealthy Thais - saw Pattaya in a whole new light.

whole new light?blink.pngcheesy.gif

what are you talking about?

Where did you read that the thai people did flee Bangkok to move to pattaya, during the redshirt demonstration or either during the floods.

Iif some did it was certainly not to pattaya... as there are thousandS of others city, cheaper ... and safer!