Digital Camera Goes Nuts

Toni

1. Does somebody has experience and can give me an address where my camera can be serviced? Bangkok area. I cannot find any Thai address in their site.

2. Did somebody experienced problems with a digital camera concerning exceeding of temperature? Although the manufacturer gave limits up to 40 degr.C. and I staid under this limit I think the problem can be caused by temperature.

Thanks on forehand

What camera? What site?

If camera is out of guarantee period and not of professional level it may not be worthwhile trying to get it repaired.

sorry for posting wrong and sorry for forgetting to supply the most important data! :o Can it be the age? :D

Minolta, and there official site is mentioning Thailand to click on and.... nothing, but this appears more with the hugh multinationals represented in Thailand, or.......everything in Thai.

No, just saw that I have 10 days remaining! Am I lucky, but I am not very sure that they will honour the period and before I get it at the right place..... No, I like to show professional but it is only a DIMAGE A200, but somewhere I have heard that it is the one behind the camera who is making the pictures.

Thanks for your response!

Here you go Toni :o

Konica Minolta Authorised Service Centers

Kiti International Co., Ltd.

10/15 Convent Rd., Silom, Bangrak,

Bangkok 10500

Thailand

Tel: +(66) 2-238-1361-4, +(66) 2-631-0170-9

Here you go Toni :o

Bangkok 10500

Thailand

You are great ! thanks.

No need for apology on posting. Before this forum was started that would have been the best place but now we have the photography section the people here are more likely to be able to help you; as Astral proved. Good luck with the repairs; you may get a new camera out of it.

Toni, I would love to hear what response you get from this company - I have a KM Maxxum D5 and I had understood that service was supplied from Singapore. Also, since the Sony takeover there may no longer be any service agents - unless Sony have appointed one. Please let me know your experience. Or indeed - does anyone else know about what Sony are doing re service for the KM DSLR cameras in Thailand?

Many thanks, Peter

* From 1 April 2006 onwards, where official Konica Minolta service existed, the after-sales service for certain Konica Minolta cameras and related products will be under the responsibility of Sony.
Support Network

Model Specific Information :

THAILAND

Sony Thai Co. Ltd

2126 Kromadit Bldg, 1st Fl

New Petchburi Rd

Bangkapi, Huay Kwang

Bangkok 10320

Thailand

TEL: +(66) 2-715-6100

FAX: +(66) 2-715-6020

Bangkok 10500

Thailand

Don't say you cooked it.

Just say it stopped working..........

No! :o But I think the by the manufacturer advised top value of 40 degr. C. has come down by some failure: I can make some photo's and than a warning. Putting the camera a little while in the fridge :D helps for a while but I don't have a portable fridge. I think that the electronics are getting overheated by some failure.

No need for apology on posting. Before this forum was started that would have been the best place but now we have the photography section the people here are more likely to be able to help you; as Astral proved. Good luck with the repairs; you may get a new camera out of it.

thanks, but I am not very enthousiastic about Asian representatives and that about a new camera: :o

* From 1 April 2006 onwards, where official Konica Minolta service existed, the after-sales service for certain Konica Minolta cameras and related products will be under the responsibility of Sony.
Support Network

Model Specific Information :

THAILAND

Sony Thai Co. Ltd

2126 Kromadit Bldg, 1st Fl

New Petchburi Rd

Bangkapi, Huay Kwang

Bangkok 10320

Thailand

TEL: +(66) 2-715-6100

FAX: +(66) 2-715-6020

Bangkok 10500

Thailand

there we go again! :o And my International Warranty papers even did not show Thailand but Singapore. I was not aware of that otherwise I never bought a Minolta! :D Anyway, thanks!

No! :o But I think the by the manufacturer advised top value of 40 degr. C. has come down by some failure: I can make some photo's and than a warning. Putting the camera a little while in the fridge :D helps for a while but I don't have a portable fridge. I think that the electronics are getting overheated by some failure.

I bought KM DiMAGE A2 (older brother of A200) about 1.5 years ago in Singapore. I was living in Middle East (Bahrain & UAE to be exact) and take the camera with me to shoot some photos in a hot summer sunny day (45+ degrees Celcius). The camera, especially the battery compartment, was very hot. And after 30-60 minutes in direct sun, the camera stopped working and displayed "ERR" on the LCD. After cooling it down in my car, it came to work normally again. Brought also to dusty deserts, seashores, 3000m asl mountain, etc. But I never had a single problem until now (had taken thousands of photos). Now I know how good this product is. :D

Thanks for the information regarding the Sony service - I'm delighted with my Konica Minolta Maxum D5 - there is nothing wrong with it - but I have been worried about service - does anyone else use the Minolta system?

I do, though not the DSLR. See above.