Kamala Police net meth dealers in hotel sting

webfact

Kamala Police net meth dealers in hotel sting
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131129141138285_EIYMiSMgLOt
Anont Promchaikhao (seated) and Jinda Meebang (right) were caught selling drugs to plainclothes police. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- Plainclothes police arrested two ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) dealers in a sting operation at a Phuket guesthouse on Wednesday night, seizing a total of 1.6 grams of the drug.

Lt Suchart Chumphusaeng led four other officers of the Kamala Police in the raid at Popeye’s Place guesthouse, near Phuket FantaSea, where plainclothes officers had arranged to buy 1.6 grams of ya ice for 4,500 baht.

The sting operation was set up after officers had received reports that Anont Promchaikhao, 29, and Jinda Meebang, 18, had allegedly been selling drugs to teenagers in the Kamala Beach area.

“They were arrested at about 8pm, after they had accepted the cash and handed over the drugs,” Lt Suchart said.

“They were both charged with possession of a category 1 drug with intent to sell,” he added.

Mr Anont and Ms Jinda were taken to Kamala Police Station, where they remain in custody, Lt Suchart confirmed.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Kamala-Police-net-meth-dealers-in-hotel-sting-22909.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-11-29

8 PM, what time is that. 8 in the morning or 8 in the night ? Last time I checked Thailand used the 24 hour clock.

Five minutes ago, I was going to go to sleep, but first I thought that I would have one last look at the latests posts in here.

Did I actually go to sleep and this is some sort of surreal dream.

Just in case it is real......... 1.6 grams?

That's really going to put a dent in the supply chain.

1.6g... the police probably feel so proud to have achieved at least something, when in fact they've achieved nothing in the ongoing futile global war on drugs.

Your solution then is to not arrest anyone unless they are caught with, oh, say, 2 kilos? Where do you draw the line on arrest?