Yingluck asks protesters to leave her son alone, as Harrow school denies any breach of security

Lite Beer

Yingluck asks protesters to leave her son alone, as Harrow school denies any breach of security
The Sunday Nation

30220995-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday asked protesters not to blow whistles in the face of her son as a symbol of protest against her.

She said the protesters should vent out their anger at her, not at her son, Supasek Amornchat.

"He is innocent and he knows nothing about the political conflicts," Yingluck said.

She said her son is still going to school as usual and she believes that he is strong enough.

Earlier, the pro-government Khao Sod daily reported that Yingluck's son encountered a whistle-blowing protest by a parent at his school. But the school denied it.

Harrow International School, where Yingluck's son is studying, issued a statement on its website saying rumours circulating about politically motivated attempted security breaches at the school were not true.

Michael Farley, headmaster of the school, said in the statement that the school had reviewed security and it would ensure that all staff are vigilant, in order to ensure the children's safety.

It said the school would be open on Monday as planned and school managers were monitoring the situation and would advise parents accordingly.

Farley said in the school's statement: "I request that all parents support the school by ensuring that no politics are brought on campus. Our school is a place for children to enjoy learning."

Yingluck asked protesters to spare her son, saying: "I won’t run away. I'm still here. Although I am a woman, I won't run. I dare to face all the incidents.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-01

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said yesterday, there was no breach of security. YL and Co. are trying to get sympathy through their false reports. Shame on YL for pimping her son out like that.

What mother on earth would instill a plan to the opponent side to harm her own son? Even though she is a prime minister, she is still a mother who would never ever think of endangering her own kid. If your mom has a plan to rid of you, let me know. I can be wrong because I know my parents have only good intention for me.

It's not below her. And she has nothing to lose by doing it.

• Like 2

Great.

So the school is basically calling the prime minister a liar.

or the son a liar, to protect the schools reputation. My son was bitten at school and when we confronted the head master she said it never happened even when we showed her the bite mark on the arm. They still swore black and blue they watch all children at all times and there was no way it could happen our son was lying.

Private schools are more concerned about money than the kids and if it is considered that they can't watch and protect the kids constantly even from bullying then the parents may take the cashbags out.

Yingluck never actually said that anything happened to her son. She is speculating that it is possible that something may happen, which she would not like.

Harrow's security is 5 times better than any of hers anyway.

• Like 1

Great.

Yingluck didn't actually say protesters blew whistles at her son, but she did want it to sound that way.

Sent from my phone ...

True. I don't think the statement from the school rules out parents blowing whistles at her son either though. Just refutes rumours of security breaches. I could totally believe a parent would do something like that, but at the same time, I'm sure it's not going to damage him for life. Anyway, now that someone has died and the situation has become so much more grave, this whole story looks quite absurd in comparison. I am slightly disappointed in Khao Sod though. I know they're the pro-govt equivalent of The Nation, but I expected them to be somewhat more scrupulous with sources than this. They've just printed story provided by a member of the PM's team as though there were no chance biased soure could have lied or exaggerated. Like The Nation, I don't think they'd fabricate something, but they are selective with sources and careful to frame things in a particular way.

Great.

or the son a liar, to protect the schools reputation. My son was bitten at school and when we confronted the head master she said it never happened even when we showed her the bite mark on the arm. They still swore black and blue they watch all children at all times and there was no way it could happen our son was lying.

Private schools are more concerned about money than the kids and if it is considered that they can't watch and protect the kids constantly even from bullying then the parents may take the cashbags out.

Harrow school cannot afford bad news like this.

Their only option is to tell the truth. You think the pupils don't have Facebook and would spread the truth if the school lied.

I don't believe this story for one second. How dumb would the school look if they were found publicly to be lying?

• Like 1

Yingluck is accused of being clueless as regards politics, but didn't even realize that her son has been at school in the UK since the beginning of lent term in September.

I heard this.

Where is he? Harrow in London? Or is the nation fibbing about this?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Yingluck is accused of being clueless as regards politics, but didn't even realize that her son has been at school in the UK since the beginning of lent term in September.

Harrow's has a number of International schools across the globe.

They even have one in Bangkok http://www.harrowschool.ac.th/

Are you sure she doesn't know where her child is?

• Like 2

I heard this.

Harrow International School Bangkok.

I heard this.

Well why does this story about him not even being in the country keep coming up? The other thread was full of it too.

I know you're joking but I guess Eton doesn't have an international branch like Harrow, so young Supasek is following in the steps of many Thai royal princes having been educated at Harrow in the U.K.

I am sure when he's grown his English skill will surpass that of his mother.

I heard this.

Well why does this story about him not even being in the country keep coming up? The other thread was full of it too.

Maybe the person who 1st mentioned it thought the school was only in London and was not aware of the Bangkok Campus. Theses sort of things happen all the time on these forums, someone starts a rumour and others latch onto it.

I am very familiar with Harrow Bangkok and have several Thai friends/acquaintances with children there.I never discuss politics with them:they would be amazed if they knew my views.They would I imagine all be opponents of this government to a greater or lesser degree.What I find quite impossible to believe is that they would stoop to the level of blowing whistles at a child because of that child's parent's political position.That would show a lack of class which would be wholly out of character.

He is directly benefitting from the corruption of his family. Didn't this kid get a preferential treatment for the manchester united game? Aren't there smarter kids in this country that don't have to opportunity to go to an international school?

I think its fair game. Look at his decadent lifestyle and tell me he is innocent.

Edited by johnthompson

"I won’t run away. I'm still here. Although I am a woman, I won't run. I dare to face all the incidents.

She dares, from a secure bunker, behind a phalanx of bodyguards, bomb-proof glass, sonic crowd-dispersal cannons, and with one of the private jets fuelled-up just incase.

• Like 1