Thai govt urges Bangkok public to stay indoors overnight

george

Thai govt urges Bangkok public to stay indoors overnight

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's government told people in Bangkok to stay indoors from 10 p.m. on Sunday night until 5 a.m. after a day of violence in which protesters seeking to topple Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra launched attacks on state agencies.

"After 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., if it is not neccessary, we ask people to not leave their homes for their safety so they will not become victims of provocateurs," Pracha Promnok, a deputy prime minister, said in a televised address.

He did not specify if this only applied to certain areas.

Four people died and scores were wounded in the violence in the capital over the weekend.

tvn.png
-- 2013-12-01

via Reuters, Agencies

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is nothing but a scare tactics from the useless government.

Protesters have not attacked any civilians and do not seem to have any intentions on doing so, why would public need to stay indoors?

In another source, Deputy PM also claimed government is in full control, well Sherlock it sure does not look like it

PS. What happened to Yingluck, any reason why current PM is not the one doing the warnings or statements?

And THAT is the million dollar question, that last one. Just what deep dark bunker has Yingluck retreated down into?

• Like 1

Protesters have not attacked any civilians and do not seem to have any intentions on doing so, why would public need to stay indoors?

In another source, Deputy PM also claimed government is in full control, well Sherlock it sure does not look like it

PS. What happened to Yingluck, any reason why current PM is not the one doing the warnings or statements?

Yingluck is on a plane now going out Thailand to South Africa. Edited by Eddy B

post-9891-0-32114000-1385906981_thumb.jp

Maybe Thailand should ask The Lady sitting on the left if she would be willing to try and sort this mess out.

I don't think she has as many strings attached as the lady on the right.

• Like 1

Yingluck is on a plane now going out Thailand to South Africa.

Proof please or a link or is that just a rehash of stale news from earlier?

And THAT is the million dollar question, that last one. Just what deep dark bunker has Yingluck retreated down into?

Didn t you see the taxi smashed? Eldery get beaten by students? Bus burnt leaving one dead? 4 deads an more than 50 people hurt? Maybe, just maybe the government want to avoid more violencee.. i m not sherlock but it seems the best thing to do to limit fightings from both sides.. but sure it s better to think it another tactic and tonight the private army of the government or suthep will take drastic moves...

Spoken from some sitting behind their computer in the safety of their own home trying to encourage others to take the bullet.

• Like 1

Urgent shopping trip, xmas sales you know.

• Like 1

yes but government 3rd hand snipers have shot students. They government may plan worry that it happens again tonight.

attachicon.gifassk.jpg

Maybe Thailand should ask The Lady sitting on the left if she would be willing to try and sort this mess out.

I think there would be better people than both of them......

yes but government 3rd hand snipers have shot students. They government may plan worry that it happens again tonight.

All over BKK? nobody has any clue what has happened and who is responsible

Your guess is as good as mine.

Yingluck is well known for neglecting her duties but hasn't she been trying to tell the world that she is "in control" and "elected" and so on.

As Prime Minister she should be on TV assuring that she has control, but...... nothing!

There are many rumours and I won't believe any until I hear the truth, but the latest I heard was that she and many of her party members are leaving from Suvarnaphumi tonight. (from a friend who works there).

All I am certain of is the absolute quietness of the so called PM who has full control of the government.

I am just a normal person that does`t know a great deal about politics.I read the news and try to be open minded ,but the way I see the current situation is that the present government has with the help of the red army of puppets aided by brother T.S.have organised this chaos .My heart goes out to thailand and the anti gov.protesters.I prey to god that they find a sollution soon and bring peace to Thailand whith a true democratic government.

attachicon.gifassk.jpg

Can't see how you could ever contemplate comparing in any way, The Lady on the left with the other,

Just how is it possible at a time like this that the Prime Minister of a country goes missing, AWOL, just dropping out of sight like she doesn't exist?

I agree. She is the PM. A PM should be there giving advice or reassurance to the people.

I feel that, at the moment, this country is a state of complete anarchy.

And 'General Se Daeng '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khattiya_Sawasdipol

Just how is it possible at a time like this that the Prime Minister of a country goes missing, AWOL, just dropping out of sight like she doesn't exist?

I agree. She is the PM. A PM should be there giving advice or reassurance to the people.

It leaves you to think only one thing: she has or is about to skedaddle.

• Like 1

All over BKK? nobody has any clue what has happened and who is responsible

I am only speculating so do not kill me, but i can think of 3 reasons

1. She is out of sight so whatever to come can not be pinned on her

2. She is out of sight, because she knows more than we do and its all about the fall apart and again nothing can be pinned on her

3. Its simply too much for her to handle, so brother removed her, leaving others who could also be sacrificed, should anything go wrong

i try not to take sides, but when i get back on a late drive from pattaya to BKK and try to order dinner only to find that food-by-phone tells me they cannot deliver because the protesters occupied their building, i am just pissed! (can that be true, or did they all just get scared and go home?)

I think "complete anarchy" is a bit dramatic, no?
  • Like 1