Did the bars open back up?

thailiketoo

Pattaya is not closed, I just got back from food land and friendship. Been shopping all day in town, I didn't notice anything closed, soi bukkao is busy as usual.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Called a friend who owns a Bar on Sai 2 and she said open normally haven't closed or asked to close Yesterday.

Just silly rumors.

What is sai 2?

Question, are you in BKK btw ?? In BKK it wouldn't surprise me that some places are closed. But I have been driving around Pattaya town (as far as Laem Chabang - Bang Saray) all day and I haven't seen any red-yellow protester.

Edited by MJCM

Called a friend who owns a Bar on Sai 2 and she said open normally haven't closed or asked to close Yesterday.

Just silly rumors.

What is sai 2?

Question, are you in BKK btw ?? In BKK it wouldn't surprise me that some places are closed. But I have been driving around Pattaya town (as far as Laem Chabang - Bang Saray) all day and I haven't seen any red-yellow protester.

Not I. My wife had to go with friends to pick up dresses for a wedding that shops in Bangkok are making. She and four other women saw the closures and I know what I read last night as the places in Chonburi were closing down and reported here. Today a friend who has lived in Pattaya got back to me and said Pattaya was open when I talked to him around 5PM. The wife parked the car and took taxis and had a difficult time getting to and from Pratunam and ended up having to take a tuk tuk.

Just silly rumors.

What is sai 2?

Not I. My wife had to go with friends to pick up dresses for a wedding that shops in Bangkok are making. She and four other women saw the closures and I know what I read last night as the places in Chonburi were closing down and reported here. Today a friend who has lived in Pattaya got back to me and said Pattaya was open when I talked to him around 5PM. The wife parked the car and took taxis and had a difficult time getting to and from Pratunam and ended up having to take a tuk tuk.

Thanks for telling us your life story. When is the next installment? I eagerly await,

Thanks for telling us your life story. When is the next installment? I eagerly await,

Flamer. If you don't want to read there is an easy option. Don't read it. Are you that hard up that to get your kicks you attack a good Samaritan who is trying to help people negotiate a crisis while they are in Thailand.

I said my wife had to go pick up a dress for a wedding party because on Thai Visa when one mentions his wife, she and he are attacked for one of a hundred reasons that are standard on here.

I mentioned Tuk Tuk because the cabs are refusing to go anywhere near the protests. Knowing that fact may save a person time, injury or worse.

In the future just put me on ignore and hope you never need any information that I possess.

• Like 2

OP, you keep talking about Bangkok. This is the Pattaya subforum. Pattaya is wide open. What more do you need to know?

Was Pattaya open last night? Central, Mikes, bars on soi 6,7 and 8? And there was a poster here that said soi 6 is closed today. Is that true?

OP, you keep talking about Bangkok. This is the Pattaya subforum. Pattaya is wide open. What more do you need to know?

Was Pattaya open last night? Central, Mikes, bars on soi 6,7 and 8? And there was a poster here that said soi 6 is closed today. Is that true?

Just drove through soi buakhow, girls everywhere, bars open, business as usual.

But today is a Buddhist celebration though.

Even in the bloody riots in 2010 I never noticed any effect in Pattaya.

I find it very hard to believe that anything was or is closed because of what's happening in Bkk.

Tommorrow will be a different story as it is the King's B-Day and many places will be closed including bars and that is the way of Thai's showing respect to their Loved King.

PS: I'm not really sure about this but I think if there was any big shut-down or closures or any reason that the Bkk unrest was effecting Pattaya that it would be in the Pattaya News Clippings here in the forum.

Edited by Gone

Soi 6 was shut up completely this afternoon...not a ladygirl or ladyboy to ba had at any price!

Does every post you make have to refer to Ladyboys? Yes we get the picture, you are into Ladyboys

Well said, Gone. Nothing worse than a repetitive bore. It wasn't funny the first time.