December 6, 201312 yr Hi, Now my husband and I have Non-ED visa for study Thai language. Next year we need to make a new visa. My husband wants to continue study but I can not because of having a little baby. Can I apply for a different kind of long-stay visa like member of a family if my husband has a student visa? Thanks in advance for advice!
December 6, 201312 yr You can get an extension of stay as his dependent under clause 2.11 of the police order. Your extensions would be the same length as his.
December 6, 201312 yr Author Thanks! But we can't get extension any more. Last time immigration officer told that our visa had been extended for 3 years already and couldn't be extended any more. When the current visa extension finishes we must to make new visa going out of the country. I wonder it’s possible to make not student visa for me as I can’t go to school any more. Is there any kind of dependant visa suitable for our situation?
December 6, 201312 yr You would get a non-o visa. And if he gets a new visa and extension your extension would be based upon his. Also there is no 3 year rule. The only limitation is the schools accreditation to give more advanced studies. He could also study another language.
December 6, 201312 yr Or change to a school that is approved for a five year course, example: http://www.tlslanguageschool.com/
December 6, 201312 yr Our thanks go to the Thai Immigration OP for this post to see what options are available to the farang in this instance
December 6, 201312 yr Has your husband ever thought about teaching English. If he did then he would be able to get a student visa if he registered for the BATESOL course that would give him 3 more years but he would have to actually attend classes and get a job. After that he should be able to get a work permit. just a thought.
December 6, 201312 yr Author Many thanks to everybody for replies! I think we’ll try to change a school of Thai language if it would help get extension instead of applying for a new visa. If not – I’ll try to apply for Non-O. As for teaching English – it’s not for my husband )) but could work for someone
December 19, 201312 yr Author I tried to learn info on this forum concerning NON-O dependant visa and would like to clarify some issues. I can get NON-O dependant visa only after my husband gets extension of his NON-ED visa. So it can be done after he gets extension of current visa by changing school or after he gets extension of a new NON-ED visa. Is that correct? My current NON-ED visa can’t be changed to NON-O visa inside Thailand, I have to go out any way. Is that correct? Do I need 800 000 in Thai bank to apply for NON-O dependant visa?
December 19, 201312 yr I tried to learn info on this forum concerning NON-O dependant visa and would like to clarify some issues. I can get NON-O dependant visa only after my husband gets extension of his NON-ED visa. So it can be done after he gets extension of current visa by changing school or after he gets extension of a new NON-ED visa. Is that correct? My current NON-ED visa can’t be changed to NON-O visa inside Thailand, I have to go out any way. Is that correct? Do I need 800 000 in Thai bank to apply for NON-O dependant visa? A non-o would not be done at an embassy or consulate until he has an extension of stay.Types of non immigrant visas cannot be changed. You could though change the reason for an extension of stay from education to one as your husbands dependent. There is no financial requirements for a dependent extension.
December 19, 201312 yr Author Thanks for reply! I'm very interested in changing "the reason for an extension of stay from education to one as your husbands dependent". This must be smth you mentioned before: You can get an extension of stay as his dependent under clause 2.11 of the police order.Your extensions would be the same length as his. Could you pls be more specific about it or give a link to the document?
December 19, 201312 yr Police order 777/2551: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_id=153821 Document required order 305/2551: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php?url=http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy305-2551_th.pdf
Create an account or sign in to comment