European Union (EU) could ban Thai fruit

webfact

If the EU puts a ban on Thai vegetables, there will be a shortage of vegetables in the European market, causing the prices to increase, which will in turn force the importers to buy vegetables from elsewhere like Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cyprus, and Spain.

Isnt Spain in the EU?

Yep sure is :))

It all comes down to the WE don't care quality control and WE don't care attitude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Now losing maybe a lot of export veg on top of losing tourism because of the mobbing,,,,,,,,,Only a matter of time and this country will be broke,beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

If the EU puts a ban on Thai vegetables, there will be a shortage of vegetables in the European market, causing the prices to increase, which will in turn force the importers to buy vegetables from elsewhere like Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cyprus, and Spain.

Isnt Spain in the EU?

Spain as well as Cyprus are €U countries.

Most Thai's have no concept of the high standards required of Vegetables and fruit in the EU and other Western style countries. My wife couldn't believe the high quality of products on sale in European Supermarkets the first time i took her to Europe and subsequently Australia and New Zealand. When she returned from these different countries she told her farming family members how fussy Western buyers are and they didn't believe her. Ignorance is bliss !

I agree with you. The quality of produce here is often pathetic... unless you do your shopping at Villa or elsewhere and pay a fortune for it.

“High standards required of Vegetables and fruit in the EU” trainman34014

Yeh! High standard of pesticides and fertilisers! I am always sick when in the EU countries. Since I came to Thailand, I am rarely sick. I prefer the natural and organic stuff.

Easygullet3 - I agree, it is very, very bad news.

Obviously, this is a rule to force countries to comply in poisoning us all, and killing us slowly so that the pharmaceutical companies get their share too!

The EU stardards are crazy and illogical – they even dump tons of fruit and vegetables if they don’t comply with size standards also. For instance, if your fruit is not the right size or shape, it is dumped in the trash and it is not even given to the hungry!

And don’t forget, this is all about food price manipulation also. Politics is a dirty business!

• Like 1

They can’t ban papaya, my wife would be dead in a week if no Papaya salad every day, and delivery to our local Thai shop is every Thursday.

Get your wife to try using a swede instead of papaya. Sounds stupid but once she tries it she will be amazed at how similar they are.

Chris

High standards required of Vegetables and fruit in the EU trainman34014

Yeh! High standard of pesticides and fertilisers! I am always sick when in the EU countries. Since I came to Thailand, I am rarely sick. I prefer the natural and organic stuff.

Easygullet3 - I agree, it is very, very bad news.

Obviously, this is a rule to force countries to comply in poisoning us all, and killing us slowly so that the pharmaceutical companies get their share too!

The EU stardards are crazy and illogical they even dump tons of fruit and vegetables if they dont comply with size standards also. For instance, if your fruit is not the right size or shape, it is dumped in the trash and it is not even given to the hungry!

And dont forget, this is all about food price manipulation also. Politics is a dirty business!

I am sure you find it extremely easy to find certified organic product in thailand.

Oooooh, my ribs. You think that just about everything you east in thailand doesn't contain pesticide residues higher than product in Europe.

And often that will include the organic stuff. I remember in isaan getting a positive pesticide result for DDT.

• Like 1