December 11, 201312 yr Hi, although this is the second time i will be doing this I'd like to make sure. What I would need for the extension Is the bank account. Is there anything else? like proof of residency?
December 11, 201312 yr If this is the second time and you are using the bank account method, you need to have the 800k in the bank for 3 months, only 2 months the first time, Yes, you will need proof of residency. And, completed TM& form with attached picture, copies of the bio page of your passport, your visa, your last permission to stay stamp, your last entry stamp, and your TM6 form (departure form). The number of copies depends on the office that you are using. Have fun!
December 12, 201312 yr Author Thank you both for the information. I really hate to go twice. When I looked it up on the internet I found conflicting info.
December 19, 201312 yr Related questions; How far in advance can I extend my retirement visa? and Is my proof of income letter from the US embassy good for 6 months? Thanks in advance to our resident experts.
December 19, 201312 yr You can apply for your extension of stay up to 30 days (45 at some offices) early. The rules say 6 months but you should check with your immigration office to confirm.
Create an account or sign in to comment